Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My story is similar to yours. I have always been a loner. Over time it has become apart of who I am, It is normal. When i was in High School it bothered me a lot. now it is normal. I agree with you 100%. I do not get lonely anymore because i am use to it. Sad, but true.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

2. Collapse Details
    I have a family that comes home everyday at 5 pm so that makes it better for me, however even though I do have family interaction every day just as if I left for work and came home to my family in the afternoon I do sometimes just feel the need to get out of the house and do something! Not sure if that has to do with me being an out going person or if I really am sick of being in the house!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I usually listen to music while doing my job, since I don't need to concentrate very much and I don't get to get lonely.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Before I became a freelance writer I worked as the Lead of the Learning Support Faculty in a secondary school. I was very busy and surrounded by people all day. Now I work from home I do miss the contact with other people and don't feel a part of anything. I do have two of my four children at home with me all day but I think it is the adult company that I miss and the social aspect of working with other people and having work nights out together.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    I'm curious though, do the rest of you who work at home ever get lonely?
    Actually, no, not at all. I have always been a very independent type and work better alone. I can certainly understand how that can be troubling to some folks though. For me, working by myself is benefit rather than an issue to contend with.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    I usually listen to music while doing my job, since I don't need to concentrate very much and I don't get to get lonely.
    I agree music is great also. I often do the same. I found that it makes the time go by faster. You look up after a playlist finishes, and an hour has passed.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

7. Collapse Details
    Working from home can get a LITTLE lonely. It really doesn't bother me, though. I spent a lot of time with friends for several years after high school, and I realized that I'd really rather be by myself versus spending time with the wrong people. I do see my BF every day (we do live together), and I do chat with my mom and stuff throughout the day. I don't miss the constant interaction that I had when I was working, though.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles910 View Post
    I agree music is great also. I often do the same. I found that it makes the time go by faster. You look up after a playlist finishes, and an hour has passed.
    The trick is to listen to stimulating music, such as classical or video games music.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    The trick is to listen to stimulating music, such as classical or video games music.
    Lol. Classical music is not my thing. Neither is video game music. I would rather watch paint dry.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

10. Collapse Details
    I generally don't get lonely because when I worked for other companies or agencies I was constantly surrounded by people all day long. The nature of what I now do for work is that I do have a lot of alone time as well as time when I do need to meet with or be in contact with people. I'm still working on the balance of it but when in doubt I can always take the dog for a walk!

Share on facebook