1. Collapse Details
    To LLC or not to LLC
    I can't decide if I should LLC or LLP or just a partnership. I assume the LLC is the safest and that is what I have been leaning towards.
    Background information - I am starting a small newsletter to sell advertising space in. The newsletter itself is free to the public, and the ad space is what will support the business, myself and my mother who is the partner. I have the layout worked out and writing the newsletter isn't a problem. But I keep hitting a wall when it comes to the legalities of small business. And when I attempt to research this, its much like webmd-ing my cold symptoms and it always spirals into "you're going to get sued" or "you're going to lose all you have worked for" scenarios. And that's terrifying. So I haven't taken the leap to get the business off and going yet. Any help is appreciated, Thank You!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Organizing as a LLC in some states is inexpensive. You need to decide how anonymous you want to be. Will you be the registered agent? Will your house be your office?

Share on facebook