Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Just what is the right answer for "What is your greatest weakness" in interviews? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Be honest. State your true weaknesses, but try to not make yourself sound like you don't deserve the job. Sometimes there are employers who are willing to help you improve your weaknesses. Try not to act so obvious by saying "I am a perfectionist." Interviewers always expect people to say those kind of things.

Try to be as honest as you can, but don't speak as if you aren't experienced, knowledgeable, or lazy to do the job you're applying for.

I hope I helped! Good luck!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I've never actually been employed. But have you ever thought about just telling the truth? Sure, some employers might not hire you because of this but others may provide you with a more suited work environment. As an above poster said, they always get hungry at work. A good employer would give you a mini fridge

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I hate questions like those, because your response is going to sound pretentious regardless of what you say. I usually say "I don't have a weakness because i feel as though i can adjust to any situation". I don't know how my interviewers felt about that answer, but i have never had any trouble being hired. So i guess it's alright.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Man, do I hate this question. It is very hard not to give a cliched response that the interviewer hasn't heard a million times, but if you can think of something unique it could put you over the top as a potential job candidate. What people usually do is flip the question around and make it so that their stated weakness is actually a strength.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    There is no correct answer to this question. You can try to be as honest as possible when revealing your weaknesses. If you feel there is something that you'd like to change about yourself, you can present your "weakness" together with your commitment to have that trait of your character changed or improved. I believe it's important to be yourself during an interview. Don't try to present yourself as someone that you're not just to impress your interviewer. If you happen to get the job and you prove to be something different than what you gave the impression during the interview, it's not gonna be worth your trouble.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    My response is usually something like:

INTERVIEWER: So what would you say is your greatest weakness?

MYSELF: I'd have to say that I'm almost too helpful at times; Dependant upon situational priorities, I will often go out of my way, suffering in my own productivity, to help a coworker complete a task they have a difficulty in completing in accordance with time goals. The problem therein lies in my ability to prioritize, and whether or not that will match up with your company's prioritization.

A little complex, I know, but I really do LOVE to be thorough in interviews. ;3

Share on facebook

Try Amazon Prime for 30-days for FREE! Just click on the text that says Amazon Prime!. It's like Netflix with a MUCH larger selection, you WON'T regret it!

7. Collapse Details
    Actually, I remember someone looking at me with surprise when I said "My biggest weakness is being too much of a perfectionist." I went on to explain that I am very detailed oriented and hate to pass on or give something that might be given back to me because of a simple error, whether it is an administrative error or a major decision that I am making. I want to make sure it is to the best of my ability before handing off. I softened the blow with "However, I am usually very confident with my own skill set and do not have to take too much time to check myself and/or my work!" Score! Never, ever admit actual flaws like not being detailed oriented or having time management issues.... everyone has a quirk. Even if you know yours, you might actually save yourself from not having it by not admitting it in a new position!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I've heard during many interviews the answer: "i'm a perfectionist" when it came to weaknesses. It's the most used answer but if you properly explain it and not just stick to the simple word, then you can convince your interviewer that you haven't just learned the answer by heart. I myself am a perfectionist person and this trait may become a weakness when you can't find the right moment to stop and admit defeat. We cant always win and sometimes admitting defeat will save you expenses.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I hate that question. No one gives a real answer. I have no real social life, that is a weakness! I think that I do better when I have specific tasks and it isn't left up to me what to do and what not to do, because I'm too afraid of doing that wrong thing. I ask a lot of questions to make sure that I don't screw things up. Sometimes bosses think that is annoying, but I don't like to leave things to chance.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    It really is a loaded question and a difficult one to answer. I have never felt that I answered it to the interviewers satisfaction although its not easy to read interviewers at time. I usually say that I am too honest but in retrospect that seems a bit self serving as an answer.

Share on facebook