Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Car Signs and Magnets - Do they work?
    Hi everyone! I am new here and am hoping to learn tips for growing my "mom and pop" plumbing business that I own with my husband.

I ordered business cards from Vista Print and noticed other items they have available. Something that interested me were car door magnets/signs. Does anyone utilize this form of advertising? If so, how effective is it? The magnets aren't that expensive, so I am thinking they are a good way to advertise "on the go."

Also, I was thinking about those vinyl lettering type of signs that you peel off and put on your back car window. Those seem to cost a little more, but do you think they are worth the investment?

I am trying to take baby steps and build on our advertising and marketing so any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Of course they work. But like all advertising, their efficacy is highly variable. The only way to get an idea as to whether or not they will work for you, is to give it a try. Best of luck!

Share on facebook

Try Amazon Prime for 30-days for FREE! Just click on the text that says Amazon Prime!. It's like Netflix with a MUCH larger selection, you WON'T regret it!

3. Collapse Details
    It'll work, but it really depends on where you drive the car and how often you drive the car. If your car is just sitting the garage doing nothing, well then of course it won't work. But if you're always on the highway and probably stuck in traffic there is a really high chance of someone noticing it and may wanting to use the service.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Car signs and magnets don't work for me most of the time. In order to market well, I believe businesses should be able to spread information about your business, not just simply your company name, logo, and contact information.

This type of marketing isn't so convincing for people, but I guess you can say it gets your name out in the public.

Good luck!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    If they're affordable, like you mention they are, go for it! See if you can also convince family members or friends to stick the magnets on their cars. Even if they bring just a few more customers to your business door it'll be worth it!

Another idea would be to grab a few customized fridge magnets. Make them look funny, use Mario for example (well known plumber!), and don't forget to add your logo. If they're interesting enough people will keep and stick them on things thus generating more free advertising.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Hello,

I would suggest the stickers rather than magnets. At least you can make sure the sticker will not fall off of the surface you stick it on. If you wish to advertise with magnets and they seem to be a reasonable investment, you can try with a small batch and see how it goes. Make sure to have an easy to spot and recognize logo. I think it's very important for the message to be easy to understand. Why not use customized pens or bags?

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Even though this is not one of the traditional methods of marketing, I feel that this could work in getting a presence for your business in the outside world. This will only work if you are able to get people to stick them onto their cars. And here it is where it gets tricky, if you stick posters only on your own car, you wont be able to spread information amongst large number of people. But if you are able to get it stuck onto a number of vehicles, it will work.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Just think about the gadgets. Would you use it? Ask some people to have a better idea.

Some people might hate car magnets because they could scratch their paint.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    They absolutely work, but you shouldn't expect a giant change. It's reinforcement advertising---people who've heard of you will remember you better because you've successfully kept your name in their minds, but it's unlikely to matter to anyone who isn't really in the market, or someone just hearing about you for the first time. Still, you need a lot of different advertising methods to saturate your area---this is just one of them.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I would say that business card are the way to go.Pins, and refrigerator magnets are a waste of money. they are gimmicks that do not work. people throw those things in the trash. People are more likely to keep business cards because they are more professional, and easier to manage. Do not go for gimmicks. Choose professionalism.

Share on facebook

It's just business.