Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I haven't read all the replies, but you will need to check with your state's rules because in some states it's illegal to use car signage like magnets and decals unless you have a special permit. Sucks, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Personally when I've seen these on cars I never write the info down to check out later.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles910 View Post
    I would say that business card are the way to go.Pins, and refrigerator magnets are a waste of money. they are gimmicks that do not work. people throw those things in the trash. People are more likely to keep business cards because they are more professional, and easier to manage. Do not go for gimmicks. Choose professionalism.
    Well people tend to preserve things which are good looking and unique. So, if the pins and refrigerator magnets you choose are unique and attractive, people are bound to preserve and admire them. They must cost initially but go a long way into building a brand image for your business.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    In my opinion, they do work, but just as a form of brand recognition and it really can't be relied on to get you actual customers. Also, the stickers and magnets have to have an angle unique enough to convince people to put them up in the first place, otherwise they would most likely just be ignored or at best they will be put up but the people seeing them might not gain enough of an idea of what the company is about to give a good enough amount of trust. Personally, I'd only choose this method as a secondary form of advertisement and most likely would opt to just spend my marketing budget on something a little more concrete such as targeted local online ads.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pahagwl View Post
    Well people tend to preserve things which are good looking and unique. So, if the pins and refrigerator magnets you choose are unique and attractive, people are bound to preserve and admire them. They must cost initially but go a long way into building a brand image for your business.
    I have to disagree. Pins, and refrigerator magnets are to gimmicky., but i guess it depends on what type of business you are promoting. If your business is a a fast food restaurant, or retail store of some kind. Then pins, and refrigerator magnets make work. If your business is a Law Firm, or something of that sort. business cards are more appropriate, and respectable.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

5. Collapse Details
    Those things are actually very effective and a cost efficient way to advertise. It's also an attractive and a good way to get people to look at your business. This is a good idea and I have never really thought of it although a lot of people are utilizing this form of advertisement already. Hopefully you succeed with your business, I hope we all do with our undertakings.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think they can, it just depends on what you are advertising. They can't hurt. They're relatively cheap to have made and don't require any additional effort or cash. You just have them made, slap them on your car and go.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    We have used the Vinyl Letters and live in a rural area where most people know one another but it really helped us get the word out! Instead of loosing business from people in our area they knew we were now in the business even though we may not have told that person yet! Everyone knows how small town loves to talk!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You know what I worry about? Driving very carefully, because everyone that you drive near has your phone number. If you cut someone off, expect a nasty message. I know it seems silly, but it happens.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Personally I don't pay much attention to or give much credibility to car ads. They are more annoying than anything. The same goes with bus and train ads. Subconsciously they probably work, but in my mind its just clutter and noise.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    It sure does happen. I used to work for a driving school and of course our name and phone number was on the side of the car. The owner had hired this new driver and this man turned out to be a maniac. One day he had a student out for a lesson and a procession of cars from a funeral were turning at the intersection and this made him mad, because there were lots of cars and he had to wait maybe 5 minutes to turn. Well he starting screaming at the cars and he gave each one the finger. Well you can imagine how disturbing this was to the people in the funeral procession.

Well they got him back good, they wrote down the name and phone number of the driving school, and the calls started coming in. I was the one taking the calls, and there was anger, crying....and every emotion you could think of calling me, telling me what had happened. Needless to say that new driver got quite the scolding from the owner. And soon afterward he got fired.....and he should have gotten fired. I had to take calls about that for several weeks afterward. So yes when your name and phone number are on the car, you had better be on your best driving behavior!!

Share on facebook