1. Collapse Details
    Managing staff post business acquisition
    Hi,

I own a small business which was acquired 2 years ago. Transition (from previous owner) and management of the business were quite smooth.. We inherited 2 full time office based staff, with 3 further temps who are not office based.
    The 2 FT staff are very experienced, one 25years and another 10years experience with the same business, loyal and resourceful. You could say I was quite fortunate with the staff.

They both manage one stream of the business and I manage another on my own. Every now and then they run things by me however for the most part they run it on their own. However this is also where problem start to appear. 'Honeymoon' period over I start to see flaws and holes here and there on how they conduct their work. This must have been present in the past 2 years however frankly speaking the time went by like a blur, especially given this is my first time managing a business. Now the dust has settled I am able to see things more clearly.

The issue now is I find they don't seem to run things by me, I don't expect all things, but at least important stuff I feel they should. Not necessarily for my approval but at minimum to bring to my attention and have a discussion. I understand there is a fine-line, empower vs control. And in recent times whenever discussion arise about 'their' stream or I would like request for things to be discussed with me they would be somewhat defensive. I understand they have been used to managing things on their own and I would want this to continue but I would hope they understand where I'm coming from, being the owner of the business. And also, assist them with the 'flaws and holes'. There are times when I feel they would make decision which may necessarily not have the best of outcome for the business either commercially or in the long run. I can at times be quite nervous about it or in some situation feel mute. I should not feel this way because this is my business after all.

Any thoughts.. advise, insight, input is utmost welcome..

Please feel free to pose any questions, happy to add more info

Thanks,
    spen

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Be clear with yourself on goals and motivations for the sale.
    Get your house in order.
    Time to involve the experts.
    Be open with your management team.
    Secure alignment among key stakeholders to avoid last minute snafus
    Secure major partnerships and clients.
    Know your company narrative.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    For managing business staff, you can use wireless mirroring software which helps in monitoring, handling & managing staffs in the best way. Most companies & businesses use such software to manage their staff.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Jewellery Buyers In Coimbatore | Cash For Gold In Coimbatore
    Are you looking at Cash For Gold In Coimbatore? Contact Jewellery Buyers In Coimbatore - 99655 33000.
    Contact Information
    207, 3rd Street, Gandhipuram Coimbatore,
    Coimbatore – 641012. (Near Hotel Sona)

srisakthigold1989@gmail.com

+91 99655 33000

+91 99655 22116

0422–2490236

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Jewellery Buyers In Coimbatore | Cash For Gold In Coimbatore
    Are you looking at Cash For Gold In Coimbatore? Contact Jewellery Buyers In Coimbatore - 99655 33000.
    Contact Information
    207, 3rd Street, Gandhipuram Coimbatore,
    Coimbatore 641012. (Near Hotel Sona)

srisakthigold1989@gmail.com

+91 99655 33000

+91 99655 22116

Share on facebook