1. Collapse Details
    Friends Want to Work for Me For Free, Is it Legal?
    Hello, I currently own a small business by myself with no extra money to pay staff as it is a start and I have a lot of friends who would like to help out in their free time unpaid. Is it legal to have people technically working for me and not paying them?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    It is legal until they don't go to police station, if they go and say that you are exploiting then violation of human rights act will be imposed on you

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah it's legal when they are eager to do it by themselves.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    With consent, yes. But make sure you give something in return to make up for their help.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Definitely! I'm sure you'll be able to make it up to them when your business grows.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Hey,
    Let them work for free. When your business grows you will be able to pay them,isn't it?

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Ya it is legal unless your friend file for a police complaint that you are not providing them salary. So, the ball is in your court because in this mean world where today your friend might support you in a start up but after you gain some success, it is risky that people might refuse later and it came even lead to a fight over the ownership of the company. So, take a right decision. One of the best way is to go at court and make a contract from the lawyer where you both sign a written document from the start. Rest the power of decision making is up to you. Good luck!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Let them confirm in writing that they work for free, then in case of problems you will have the necessary papers.

Share on facebook