Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Passion or a booming industry?
    Would you guys rather create a business out of passion, even if the industry isn't trending at the time or would you guys create a business you don't have much of a passion about, but the industry is booming?

Which would you guys choose, doing what you love to do, or doing what you think is the profitable thing to do?

I'd love to hear your guys' opinions on this, because I honestly don't know which one I would do.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Choose the one that is currently trending as it will surely click... you can also try to adapt your passion to it and make a little twist that both will complement each other. If you intend to run a business, profitability is the key.. if you have successfully launch it.. and you eventually find it sustainable, then you can go introduce a new business that you are passionate about.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I'd say go with the one that is more profitable or booming at the moment and have the passion in doing so, either way you just have to be dedicated, love what you do and it'll sure to bring you good result!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I would have to say it'd be best to go with what is booming at the time. Incorporate your passion into it and you will be having fun along with making $$$

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I have to disagree. Trends and booms come and go. If your truly passionate about something that should last longer than a fad. With that said, if you can combine the two, then you have a winning combination. I also think that a lot of passions can translate across many areas if viewed properly. I know that sounds like waffling, and maybe it is, but I do believe passion is very important. If you have no passion for something, it will be easier to walk away from.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owesem75 View Post
    Choose the one that is currently trending as it will surely click... you can also try to adapt your passion to it and make a little twist that both will complement each other. If you intend to run a business, profitability is the key.. if you have successfully launch it.. and you eventually find it sustainable, then you can go introduce a new business that you are passionate about.
    That's a pretty great opinion of yours, and you explained it very well. This is probably the wisest thing to do and this is probably some advice that I will follow if ever I decide to put up a new venture.

Thanks for the advice!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I'd try to profit off of the booming industry and use it to fund the business I'm passionate about, that is if I could muster up enough passion for the booming industry to research about it well enough, otherwise I'd just go solely with the one I'm passionate about instead. Living off of work that you're passionate about is a romantic idea, but passion doesn't always translate into profit so I would just weigh them that way first. I personally think it's a case to case basis when it comes to things like these, and it all boils down to a personal calculated decision, but overall I'd generally side with the more profitable decision first and foremost.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    There is no way I can create a business just because I have passion for it. Money is always the motivation and will remain that way. Passion will only come in if you see the business is generating a good income and then you can give it your all.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    What is passion, exactly? For many people, I think it can be boiled down to either a certain subject matter or skills. For example, I really want to work in the environmental industry as I see it as the future. I have other friends who want to work in marketing, and don't care whether they are selling solar or spaghetti! Once you decide on your priorities, I think you can create a better business. I also believe that it's easier to work hard and put 100% into your business if you do love what you do. One big business concept I've heard in relation to this is the concept of "blue ocean": you can create a booming market segment by creating something people love.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Personally, at first I would go for a booming industry. I would learn about it, and try to be more knowledgeable about the pros and cons. Once I'm in, it would probably be definite that I will earn since it's a booming industry. From there, I will build myself in that industry and save up. I think I would learn to love the industry because it is what will make my standard of living higher. After all that, I will be able to start another business out of passion. (If the time permits).

Share on facebook