Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by CG7262 View Post
    I often wonder if the flyers I give out and place on cars (annoying I know) actually get me more customers. How would one go about seeing if they are really effective? I mean sure you can get some first-hand reviews from other business owners but finding out if it actually works for your business is different. I often just resort to asking new customers where they heard about us. Results show that word-of-mouth is what really gets my business around though. How about you guys?
    Actually you already answered your question. Asking your actual customers about how they were able to find your business is the only good way to find out if your flyers trick is working (simple and costless way too). (It's not like you're operating a website and placed online ads then wonder if it's working or not, it's totally different).

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsnook View Post
    Why not put a special or discount on the flyer for them to bring in then they have two reasons to let you know that it was from the flyer! I have to tell you though 99% of the time these go in the Quick Trip trash for me. I think even though we are in the information stage of life, paper is over used and somedays I think my body will be buried in them. Good luck!!
    That is very true! Discounts are a great idea, but paper is over used, but it will probably change in the future. People are more aware of how wasteful it is. When people hand out fliers so many just get thrown on the ground. Economically, it might help the business, but the waste is ridiculous. I like that there is more mobile coupons from bigger companies. Hopefully smaller companies can use utilize those marketing options in the future.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    My local computer repair shop will have discount offers every now again, such as 20% off every item in the shop. The only way a customer is able to get the discount though is to say where they heard about the savings, on the website, on Facebook, by flier, etc.. this is one handy way for just about any company to gauge how effective their advertising is and more importantly the most effective channels.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bonnieanna1986 View Post
    My local computer repair shop will have discount offers every now again, such as 20% off every item in the shop. The only way a customer is able to get the discount though is to say where they heard about the savings, on the website, on Facebook, by flier, etc.. this is one handy way for just about any company to gauge how effective their advertising is and more importantly the most effective channels.
    This is a common ploy which is being used by businesses nowadays in order to gauge the effectiveness of the various advertising mediums they employ. This technique serves two purposes. First being the one which is already mentioned. And the second one is that this also works as a sales promotion ploy and also piques the interest of the customers in the various marketing mediums the company employs.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Keep track of consumer data, sales, page views, etc. Compare in monthly or weekly increments, identifying before/after periods. It may take a while before you see the returns on your advertising efforts.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by M.K View Post
    Keep track of consumer data, sales, page views, etc. Compare in monthly or weekly increments, identifying before/after periods. It may take a while before you see the returns on your advertising efforts.
    This is also the way I would do it. It's really hard to see return on a marketing strategy. You really have to compare periods with and without advertising.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    It's rather simple to find out if advertising worked. If there's no surge in business after an advertising campaign then quite obviously you'd need to update your advertising tactics.

But not all the time should the effectiveness of the advertising be determined by sales you make. Sometimes you just advertise to let people know your product exists. It gives you a fighting chance if you they come across your product on sale somewhere.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Yes. Word of mouth is very important. Fliers are not very good unless they are eye-grabbing promotional stunts.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    If you are having more customers, you can pretend at least that the advertising was effective.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Of course the only way to know that an advertisement is successful is by measuring how much sales it is bring in after using the advertisement. If people respond to it so quickly, then it is a good advertisement strategy but you do not want people to respond and go away also too quickly keep them around for more products to come.

Share on facebook