Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    BuySellAds: A Good Alternative to Adsense?
    I've heard of many websites turning to Buysellads.com after disappointment with Google's Adsense and significantly increasing their ad revenue. Has anybody had success with this site? It looks to operate in a name-your-price fashion, which means it requires a little more salesmanship on the part of the web host. Seems like it could be a really lucrative way to sell ad space for the right site, though.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Never used them but heard good stuff about them. As for alternatives to Google Adsense, it's always a good idea to have some. Like any successful online business owner would tell you, you always need to test new ad revenue companies because relying on just one can prove fatal. There are a few stories where webmasters got multiple clicks on their ads from users with bad intentions and they got banned. Personally, I have ads from at least tree separate advertisers running at the same time just to be safe (and offer diversity).

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    There are a number of factors you need to consider before choosing buysellads. First, unlike Google adwords, ads won't be shown on your site unless advertisers choose to show their ads on your blog, you won't earn any revenue. For that reason, you need to ensure that your blog would be a perfect fit for a certain niche [because advertisers sometimes target specific demographics] . . .

. . . and quite obviously you'll need to prove that you get decent traffic.

It's a great alternative I have to admit but certainly not the best because you could end up making $0 ad revenue from your site if you rely on them only.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Using this medium allows you to target companies whose services are aimed at your audiences. one of the positive thing that I could see here is that you could define the advertising rate for your site and it also allows you some kind of moderation so the ad spaces will only shows adverts that you approved.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    There are a lot of bad reviews about that system that would make AdSense become flawless.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    There are a number of factors you need to consider before choosing buysellads. First, unlike Google adwords, ads won't be shown on your site unless advertisers choose to show their ads on your blog, you won't earn any revenue. For that reason, you need to ensure that your blog would be a perfect fit for a certain niche [because advertisers sometimes target specific demographics] . . .

. . . and quite obviously you'll need to prove that you get decent traffic.

It's a great alternative I have to admit but certainly not the best because you could end up making $0 ad revenue from your site if you rely on them only.
    Google has almost a monopoly on the search engines business so they can almost trash competition to Adsense. But Adsense is not great, far from it, and sometimes we are probably better off selling our advertising space directly than using Adsense.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    You can always try, there's no harm in trying, it actually differs from person to person and by specific regions and localities. It depends where you live in and the people using the services, that's actually it.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    If you haven't had any luck with AdSense, it won't do any harm to try another option, just as fredkawig said.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Buysellads is basically a middleman for you to sell your own ad space. They take a 25% cut from your revenue. I have first experience with it. Its revenue from the same ad spots would be at least 3 times more than what Adsense can earn. However, this only works if you can sell your ad space. In order to do so, you need a decent web site with decent traffic. Minimal 20k page views per month is required to be listed in the Marketplace on buysellads' web site. Without the exposure of their Marketplace, it is very hard to sell your ad space.

However, you can use the best of both worlds by using the "backfill" function of Buysellads.
    It allows you to have some default ads displaying when the ad space is not sold. You can use any other ad network as default, including Adsense. So you are not earning nothing when you have unsold ads.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    That seems like the case. Most people have been frustrated by the strict rules of Adsense and the low rates of conversion per ad. I think most people are opting for other adnetworks for such reasons. I would not say it is good because I have not tried it.

Share on facebook