Good afternoon.

I work from home as a consultant within the medical arena. For a particular future job, I was asked to get an EIN, which has been done.

My question is this. If I now have an EIN, am I required to now set up, declare, or begin paperwork for setting up a business in my state, or may I just continue with the EIN and continue to work from home? I reside in Texas.

Thank you!