Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Misspellings and Typos Affecting Your SEO?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Misspellings and Typos Affecting Your SEO?
    Bing published a new blog post recently that highlighted their stance on poor grammar:

http://www.bing.com/blogs/site_blogs...u-have-it.aspx

They basically are saying, why would they want to show SERPs with all sorts of obvious errors? And if a site has a history of typos and other errors, that it's ultimately going to weigh in on your ability to show up high in the SERPs at all. We know that the engines are pretty good at spotting misspellings and suggesting the corrections - but overall grammar seems a little trickier for them to auto detect with accuracy.

I have mixed feelings on this personally though. It really depends on the format of your web site. If you are running a professional blog with just you or perhaps less than a handful of authors in total - I could see being harder with the site and the authors on grammatical errors. But if you are running an active forum or a site with a lot of activity in the comments section from visitors - it's far less realistic to expect the site owners to spell check everyone's comments - there are just far to many individual users to keep an eye on. People frequently abbreviate, or talk in slang or make special symbols out of characters. These are all technically "incorrect" too.

In the past, Google has kind of addressed this too by saying that there is a "correlation" between bad grammar and SERP rankings, but that they didn't have them directly factored into their algorithms at the time.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Misspellings also effect your Search Engine Rankings. So, You should avoid this and you should publish it after checking.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    It makes sense that spelling and grammar affect your rankings, it is really important. However I agree with the forum/comment thing, but I'm sure they have a way to counteract that.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    yes obviously misspelling and poor grammar effective your SEO because people would be pay low attention on your site you should check your sites before post anything on your site

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Irrelevant content and misspelling affects the SEO work more. So correcting these two are very important.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Proper spelling and grammar is not only important to SEO, but also to making your site appear as professional as possible. Tons of typos and poor grammar make people take you much, much less seriously.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    If you have wrong spellings and typos, it affects the quality of your work. When the quality is affected, then am sure you will have trouble with SEO also as these days it is the quality that matters not quantity.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You bring up a very interesting point. I can see why the search engines would prefer to favor correctness, as it does ultimately look better as results on the first page, but you are right that correct grammar doesn't automatically make the information you get as rich and full as you would in a forum wherein discussions are being had to get right to the bottom of any topic. I imagine they are feeling stuck on this issue as both sides have equal merits.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Yes. Good grammar, spelling, punctuations and other minute details are very important not just for SEO optimization but everyday life.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    The funny thing about misspellings and SEO is that many sites deliberately create misspellings in some of their 'hidden' content. The reason has to do with how they are misspelled lined up with what is really often misspelled by people looking things up on search engines. Mind you, things like Google will detect misspellings, but at the same time, when you don't use the auto-corrections of the search engine, it might come as a boon as well. I am not encouraging this practice though. I am only pointing this out.

Share on facebook