Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quite right. One SEO strategy is to target those who misspell words or make typographical errors and hit enter before correcting it. .

If a website posts a lot of content in a day [they can bury content that uses that strategy of using misspellings as a way to get that traffic] under all that fresh content so that their regular readers won't find it but someone who uses the search phrase will be directed to the site by search engines.

The strategy is not that bad if you ask me. But if you're not doing it deliberately then it's the fastest way to lose your readers.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    There are (believe it or not) lots of sights that manage to be successful without paying too much attention to SERPs and SEO. And although I'm not talking about webrings, I'm not really impressed with those, that does give you an idea of one with this "outside the box" idea can work.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jubvman View Post
    It makes sense that spelling and grammar affect your rankings, it is really important. However I agree with the forum/comment thing, but I'm sure they have a way to counteract that.
    This is just to say that you have a unique and smart looking logo. I like the color combination too!! -- ooops, sorry admin, I just wanted to commend this guy.

Share on facebook

----
    I just started my own website and you can find it on http://www.ofwtips.com

4. Collapse Details
    I'm curious as to how they'd target these sites with bad grammar. Surely they don't have an algorithm in place that can determine bad grammar and penalize the sites who are guilty of it. Maybe manual reviews?

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quality is a very important thing in SEO because page rank is given on the basis of popularity as well as quality also so according to me misspelling, incorrect grammar etc...... Affect SEO a lot.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Google algorithms read the content first that is why unique and high quality content is important for the search engine optimization. Fake content and grammar mistakes are negative impact of the search engine optimization.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    think of it this way: if you are targeting a specific search term, and you spell it wrong, then you aren't targeting that term at all.

instead, you will be targeting the misspelt term and wont be reaching the audience you are after.

bad grammar just makes things unpleasant to read.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyfang View Post
    The funny thing about misspellings and SEO is that many sites deliberately create misspellings in some of their 'hidden' content. The reason has to do with how they are misspelled lined up with what is really often misspelled by people looking things up on search engines. Mind you, things like Google will detect misspellings, but at the same time, when you don't use the auto-corrections of the search engine, it might come as a boon as well. I am not encouraging this practice though. I am only pointing this out.
    the thing that i have noticed with google in particular (not that i use any others to be honest) is that if you misspell a word, it searches for the correct spelling instead. sometimes i have to deliberately have to tell it to search for what i entered because it is a somewhat obscure error code.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Miss-Spellings can affect your website ranking.
    Because miss-spelling can the meaning of your keyword and effect your keyword ranking.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Yes, This matter come under the content optimizations. this make unsearchable in the searches and decrease the quality of the content. To provide a good content information to their users we always remember the quality of the content.

Share on facebook