1. Collapse Details
    An absolute beginner's question
    Hello to all:

I am a pharmacist in NY. I am looking to possibly partner with a colleague of mine in purchasing an existing pharmacy. Without even getting into those details, my primary question and issue is financial. I would like to get informed opinions on this one primary issue for me at this very preliminary time: I dont currently have money saved nor do I really have any liquid funds that I could use to support my family at the early stages of a business venture. Even with getting a small business loan, my biggest fear is having funds to support my family while I get into business. Can anyone tell me if they have ever started a business in such a circumstance? If so, can you provide some direction on this issue. I would appreciate it.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think this is not a right time to start up a business as you are having no money for even your own family and you might be very familiar with the fact that starting up a business requires some amount apart from your expenditure. So, i think your loan might be able to pay your daily expenses but you will be left with no money to start your business. So, i think you should invest first a little bit or your family then think of starting a business as a startup business is like a game of gambling there are chances of failures as well as success. So, if we take the negative aspect there is a dire need to secure your family by having a small amount for daily expenditure.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    do not worry about the fund, you must contact our office. We can really help to open your pharmacy.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I got lucky starting my company, no kids, no wife no dependents. That allowed me to take a risk and dive in head first because if it failed I knew Id be fine.

I'd say until you have like 6 mo's minimum in the bank the risk reward isnt there

Est cost to start up a pharmacy? Projections?

I'm not some rich vc or anything, just an entrepreneur with a little cash always looking for the next source of income.

I'd be interested to know the business end of it.

Share on facebook

Last edited by Andrewb1990; 07-04-2017 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Add more info

5. Collapse Details
    As long as you keep actively using your environment, it will not go to sleep.

Share on facebook