1. Collapse Details
    Import or dropshipping from China.
    Dear Entrepreneurs !

Nowdays e-commerce, m-commerce and online business grow up very fast. Also thanks to p.e. Aliexpress is more easy to sell products from China internationally online.

Question is will dropshipping replace traditional import from China or not ?

CTS Your Partner in China.
    http://WholesaleImportexport.com

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    You should look for a supplier that already works with other importers in your country. If possible, call a couple of reference customers (warning: it won’t be easy to get their contacts from your potential suppliers).

You can contact a quality control firm to check what safety/regulatory standards are applicable to your importing project.

You can ask your suppliers if they have certifications from a international lab. Then you can contact that lab, tell them the report number, and ask whether it is legitimate. It does not eliminate risks on your side, but it is better than nothing.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the info, I was wondering about the AliExpress company you mentioned. I just saw it for the first time a few days ago

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I doubt think that it will replace traditional import, no. Dropshipping has its benefits, but it can impact the ability to ensure quality. It is cheap, but some people don't like to do business with dropshippers.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the info, I was wondering about the AliExpress company you mentioned. I just saw it for the first time a few days ago

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Dropshipping is not something new in the market and was probably more hyped by people selling dropshipping lists on ebay rather than being a breakthrough business solution.

I don't mean to say it is not a valid business model for some, but usually the profit margins are extremely low and require a very high turnover in order to make it worth your while.

Another thing to consider is that many dropshipping companies are based outside your customer's country, so they may end up having to pay customs/import fees. and resent you for the unpleasant surprise.

With traditional import you get higher profits, full control over your stock, and the ability to customize your packaging and promote your branding.

Personally I don't think dropshipping will make the slightest dent on traditional imports from China.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I think you're absolutely right. I don't think the profits are there with dropshipping, and I don't like not having control over inventory. You can't ensure quality, and paying customs fees will put a big dent in profits.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Dropshipping is more of a "retail" thing. Like for example, you want to sell tangible products online but don't want to be burden with physical inventory - you go and do the dropshipping option.

Importing from China on the other hand is more of a "wholesaler" activity. So personally, I don't think that dropshipping will be replacing the traditional importing methods anytime soon. But that's just my opinion.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    China has made sure that it is now investor-friendly. People have been impressed by this so far. - Phillip Elden

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Paying import taxes and customs duties is usually the duty of the importer.

Share on facebook