1. Collapse Details
    General Liability Insurance
    Hi, I am starting a lawn mowing service and wondering if I actually need to pay for liability insurance for the first few month I am in business (I would like to wait to pay until I am net revenue positive). I would like to know more specifically if there is a way to successfully make it impossible for any successful lawsuits to happen by using employment contracts and a terms of use for those using my services.

What I would like to do is write a clause in my employment contracts saying we are not liable for anything that happens to you (if there is a general blanket statement I could use that would be great).

For the people using the service, I would require them to click a terms of use on my website, and in it it would include the fact that we are not liable for any damages, etc (again, any blanket statement would be amazing)

Thank you so much!!!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    General liability insurance can help cover medical expenses and attorney fees resulting from bodily injuries and property damage for which your company may be legally responsible. General liability insurance policies typically cover you and your company for claims involving bodily injuries and property damage resulting from your products, services or operations. It may also cover you if you are held liable for damages to your landlord’s property.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    The one thing I have learned as an insurance agent is to expect the unexpected. Every business is exposed to risk. Introduce a sharp metal blade spinning at 3,000 + rpm’s and it gets a lot dicier, I have a few lawn care businesses that I wourk. For the most part we’ve had no major issues. The two largest claims; a Warehouse that weather got to resulted in a $61,000 loss. I also had a trailer stolen with two mowers on it. One of them belonged to my insured and it was covered. Tho there’s was borrowed and it wasn’t.
    We’ve had two or three claims with rocks be thrown through windows, never anything over $1,000. But truth be told those could have been the biggest losses. Throwing a rock through a window is one thing, throw an object through a person, not pretty.
    My bottomline......by not buying insurance you are picking up pennies in front of a train. A $250 to $500 policy versus a 6 or 7/digit lawsuit.

If you are looking for additional info check out www.insuringky.com where you will find several things regards your industry.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Hi Guys.....
    Commercial general liability insurance coverage protects you, your business and your employees from claims involving bodily injury or property damage, up to the limits of your policy. Policies shield you from the expense of out-of-court settlements, litigation and judgments awarded by courts.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Hi Guys.....
    Commercial general liability insurance coverage protects you, your business and your employees from claims involving bodily injury or property damage, up to the limits of your policy. Policies shield you from the expense of out-of-court settlements, litigation and judgments awarded by courts.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    While there really are no average business liability insurance costs for both small and large businesses,

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    The median cost of General Liability Insurance (aka Commercial General Liability or CGL)ranges from $425 to $921, and the annual average cost ranges from The price of the policy depends on a number of factors, including business size and type.

Share on facebook