Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Applying for a job with no experience in that field
    What is good to say when you apply for a particular job but no specific experience in that field?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I don't really think there's a magic formula for this. You'll have to pass an interview or a practical exam where the employer will decide if you're hired or not despite the lack of experience in that field. Maybe the job you're applying for lets you acquire experience along the way and the employer is ok with that. But if specific experience is required and the job is not an entry level position I don't think words will be enough to get you hired.

You can still try applying, at least you'll get some experience in word spinning

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I think you will always end up not getting the job unless all the other candidates are far worse.
    I wouldn't think about trying unless I knew nobody else would want the job.
    It's better to take an entry level job in that field and build your way up than not getting a job at all.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    As long as you're willing to learn and they're willing to train you, i don't think that shouldn't be a problem...

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by adi004 View Post
    As long as you're willing to learn and they're willing to train you, i don't think that shouldn't be a problem...
    I agree with you!
    I'm not sure how employers would feel about this stance, but as a worker, I know that I am diligent and intelligent enough to get training and be a competent worker in no time.
    I think a simple tip is just to think about how your past work experiences could translate into the new field you don't have experience in. If you go into the interview with some different ideas on "experience", you will seem more open-minded, which is a good trait for being newly trained in something anyway. My degree is Elementary Education, and my past work experiences mostly include retail and drugstores. I recently needed more income (fast) so I interviewed at a coffee shop. I realize I have never worked selling pastries and coffee, nor do I have any food service experience. However, I do have extensive knowledge on customer service, working with others, solving problems, time efficiency, and keeping a tidy and organized work space. All jobs want employees who are honest, hard-working, and willing to be flexible and use their heads. As long as you have the right mindset and social skills, anything else technical about the job itself can be taught.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    If you don't have any experience or qualifications for that field it will be harder to get a job in it, but if you find someone willing to train you and you're a dedicated learner there shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    It definitely depends on how competitive the field is. There's no reason for an employer to give the applicant with no experience in the field the position over an applicant who does all other things held equal. However, if the field isn't too competitive and you can demonstrate competence during the interview, it shouldn't be a problem.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You should try to learn about the job as much as you can and you must impress the employer. Show them you are willing to work very long and hard. Its nto easy but impressing the employer is the only way.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    You tell them how interested you are in learning about it. If you have done any volunteer work related to it or have done a lot of research about it, you should mention that. Also, just prove the basic stuff, such as that you're trustworthy and whatnot.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I'm in this exact situation right now. The hardest thing for me was to fill my resume with semi-pertinent experience and not list irrelevant past jobs. List any education you have that could be of interest to your employer, any useful skill or knowledge like programming languages, etc. When it comes to the interview, no BS. Just tell them you're looking for somebody to give you that first opportunity. Tell them what you lack in experience you'll make up for in other qualities.

Share on facebook