Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Relationship with co-worker?
    How would you handle a situation where you are going on dates with someone that works for your company? Always sure though to keep it completly professional at the work place, no one would even know. How do you go about taking it to the next level? Having them leave the company? It would be weird for my employees to see something like that, he has been working with me for years and I just dont know how some would handle it.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    The reason why most companies avoid hiring couples and don't encourage employees dating is because when something happens with that couple the tension of the troubled relationship affects the workplace. Do you want two employees avoiding each other, spreading rumors and distracting the other employees? I didn't think so! Plus, if one of the couple gets fired, how would the other react, would he also leave? There are so many variables and things waiting to happen when couples are involved that I really understand why in some places couples are not allowed.

It is also legal for companies to enforce rules that prohibit couples at the same workplace for the reasons listed above.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    It is always a bad idea to date someone in the office. It almost never works out. Even thought you might have the intention of keeping things professional, it almost never happens that way. If you're a couple you're going to fight. It is inevitable. This is going to bleed into the workplace, and everyone suffers for it. Just avoid it at all costs.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    It's quite unprofessional if you're their superior. It'll create the sense of bias towards this person among the rest of your employees. It seems like a surefire way to create headaches for you and your company.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Its pretty unprofessional and bad for the workplace especially if you are the owner. Avoid it if you can!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I agree with the general sentiments of the others who chimed in on this thread; avoid it at all costs! It will make for a rocky workday if things don't work out. If things do work out, it could still be awkward and you could even get in trouble. For most places, I'd say this is a no-no.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I wouldn't mind if my employees would date each other. It's all good until they start arguing or can't work together anymore because they split up. I think it depends and you have to feel the situation.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    It is not recommended but if they love each other there is nothing much yo can do. All you have to tell them is work professionally even if they are at work and keep their personal life out of the work place.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Personally, I think that having a relationship inside the office or with a colleague should be avoided at most. I understand why employers prefer to keep office romances at a minimum. This is because if there are relationships in the office, the people involved will have a hard time to compartmentalize. If the couple has a personal problem they are tackling, the value of their work will be sabotaged, and their other colleagues may feel uncomfortable. It still depends on the couple though, if they can keep it a secret or away from their work life.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I would advise you to stay away from work-place romance. Those situations always get messy. You do not want that at your place of business. I know that it is hard to do sometimes, but you have to be professional. Do the right thing, and spare your company the drama of that relationship turning sour.

Share on facebook