Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    I think the question is: would you hire someone with criminal background? Not all crimes are relevant to the position you have open. If you have a store and wish to hire a sales person, of course you don't want to hire someone who was previously convicted for stealing. However, that conviction should not prevent him from being hired anywhere.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafdet View Post
    I think the question is: would you hire someone with criminal background? Not all crimes are relevant to the position you have open. If you have a store and wish to hire a sales person, of course you don't want to hire someone who was previously convicted for stealing. However, that conviction should not prevent him from being hired anywhere.
    It depends on the position I think. I dont want somebody who has alot of problems with crime to be in sales for example because he can scare away customers.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I have not had a criminal background check done yet on any potential employee. I hire seasonal or one-time employees and am in a situation where I am always close to the cash. I work food events. If I need an errand run, I just do it. However as I am thinking of doing a string of events I will be planning on making the effort to go and get this check done--I mean its worth it for the peace of mind, i think.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think it depends on the nature of the job. I mean, it's actually very inconvenient if you are hiring a lot of people at once. Let say you are looking for extras for a movie, or people to get involved with cleaning and rebuilding an abandoned house, or just some tasks that require a lot of manpower. Would you go through a thorough check on each of them? I mean sure, some simple background check is okay, but going through a detailed research on whether he or she have a criminal record is going to cost you a lot of time. I would say it's better if you only do that when your job requires only one person or a small handful of candidates that actually handle something very important in whatever business you are doing.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    With the exception of someone hired for very short term (e.g., measured in days) temp work, absolutely you need to run a criminal check. You simply cannot be too careful these days with this sort of thing. With the company I am with, before we hire or partner with anyone, we always run a background check. Considering it costs very little and it could potentially head off a serious problem, I don't see why one wouldn't.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

6. Collapse Details
    Yes. I believe you should always do a criminal check on employees because it is the best way to get a feel for the character of the person you are hiring. people lie a lot on applications, and criminal checks are the best way to catch them. You business is your well being, and you need to take as many precautions as possible.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Who said a full criminal background check will cost you a lot of time? I do it online on background-intel.com and it takes 24 hours. They also offer deals for more than 1 person. I am not saying I would do it if I need someone to clean my garden and they won’t have access to the house for example but if I need few people for my agency I will definitely run a background check. I almost hired a racist with multiple offenses for tour guide. I don’t even want to think how this could go wrong on so many levels.

Share on facebook