Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I think that background checks are only pertinent with the nature of certain jobs. I think for a fast food employee, I don't think having a background check is necessary. However, being a teller at a bank obviously has more responsibility, and I think that a background check is a good idea.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    It's ideal to have a criminal background check on the person you are planning to hire for everyone's sake. For the hiring process, it's a requirement for applicants to submit and show their clearance record that they haven't committed anything against the law. In case they do have a record, it's good not to be judgmental about it. They might become a prized possession if you let them in the company. It's best to be smart about every decision!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Background checks are a always a good idea. You should know what you are getting yourself into. If something does pop up it is important not to be too judgmental though. That person could be completely different than they were when they messed up. I would look at the severity of the crimes and check the dates and make the best decision for your company. Most of the time there is never anything too serious that will restrain you from hiring them.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Even though background checks are a good idea, I feel that I should also give the same opportunity. Everyone makes mistakes and if I feel like the person has really changed or can see his/her dedications, then I would probably still hire him/her regardless. I think everyone deserves a second chance.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I would say yes but I would also say to always be prepared to talk about anything that may come up in that check. Sometimes people do change. On top of that the law is far from infallible and sometimes people are charged with horrible crimes for doing things seemingly innocent.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Yes you should always do a criminal record check on everyone before you hire them. Remember con artists and dishonest people are masters at giving a good impression and at lying. It is better to be safe than sorry. I worked for a company where the boss would interview people and be impressed by them and he would never do any checking on their background. Not only did he not do a criminal record check but he never checked references on anyone. He thought everyone was as honest as he was.

Yes you may end up hiring a good person if you are lucky, but what if you hire a criminal like my ex-boss did. This man he hired seemed impressive and told him he would make him a lot of money over the coming year. Well my excited boss soon found out the hard way that he was dealing with an experienced con man.

This man stole cash sales from my boss and also tried to extort money from him when he tried to dismiss him for stealing money. Finally I talked him into calling the police and they did a criminal record check on this man--and boy what a record he had. The police constable warned my boss that in the future he should always do a criminal record check on anyone and everyone he decides to hire. Especially if money and credit cards are used in the company. And lets face it most companies use money and credit cards. Be smart and do a criminal record check. The police department highly recommends doing criminal record checks on potential new staff and that should be a good measuring stick for you to so.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    If you have access to the resources to do so then I would recommend it. You never know what will come up. I would also do a quick google and social media search.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    If you think a criminal background check is necessary for the position then you do it with every candidate. Simple as that, why would you make an exception just based on an interview?

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    That is a must if you want to employ a trustworthy person. It is important that you get to know the person before entrusting your business to him or her.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think doing a criminal check as part of a recruitment routine would make it fair for everyone. In other words, you are doing it not because you are judging one person to look like a criminal. Sometimes, your impression of a candidate may be wrong and it's not nice to be obvious that you suspected a person of something negative. Therefore, for the purpose of equality and being fair to candidates, just put criminal check as part of your routine in recruitment.

Share on facebook