Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Collapse Details
    I would say, yes - sometimes it can even serve as a positive thing e.g. how to make the person feel comfortable, getting a general idea of their interests etc.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Yes, you should definitely google the person and check their social media. But this for me is just the first step to filter the candidates per say. And then when I like someone and consider hiring, I will run background check on them. I donít believe only one of them is enough especially if it is for responsible job.
    Few months ago I learned my lesson when I was looking to hire someone to help me with my travel agency - my first employee (it was a big deal for me). I really liked one guy, two interviews - he was perfect. No red flag, no nothing but friends of mine who work in the security field suggested I should still check him before I hire him and so I did. I went on his FB page, at first it looked all good until I saw some old posts with racist comments. Then I went one step further and I did background check at background-intel.com and sure enough he had multiple offenses. No need to say I ended up hiring someone else.

Share on facebook