Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    As long as you can keep personal life and professional life separate, I see no problem with it. If you're not already in a workplace relationship, I'd do my best to avoid it, because if things go bad in the relationship things at work get really awkward really fast, and you'll keep having to face them every day. But if you really think the relationship will work out and things just sort of happen, sometimes people just fall in love and can't help it, they just have to keep up being professional while at work without any sort of favoritism or allowing personal fights to interfere with their work.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    One of my business partners said to me once, while I was responding to a smile from a client, "Don't fish off the company's docks." The same is said about having a relationship with a co-worker. It causes extended fermented problems if problems between us arises. In a perfect world, I would like to think we're all mature enough to deal with problems as they come in a calm and timely manner, but there are too many factors to account for.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Most companies discourage work-place romance. The main reason is that if the relationship turns sour, it would create a lot of embarrassing and awkward situations. It could actually cause so much discomfort for the people working with them. And if you're the superior and you're thinking of having a relationship with your employee, then it gets doubly awkward.

But then, it actually depends on the situation and the people involved. You really cannot control stuff like this. There will always be office romance, whether you're aware of it or not. And not all of them turn out bad, some actually have a happy ending. As long as the people involved are professional enough, and more importantly, discreet enough, then it should not create any problems. Take it from me, my husband and I met in the office. We were actually going out for almost half a year before any of our colleagues got wind of it and not until we made it pretty obvious for them to ignore! How did we do it? We maintained a strict professional relationship in the office and we never let work get in the way of our budding relationship.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by earthmama1 View Post
    How would you handle a situation where you are going on dates with someone that works for your company? Always sure though to keep it completly professional at the work place, no one would even know. How do you go about taking it to the next level? Having them leave the company? It would be weird for my employees to see something like that, he has been working with me for years and I just dont know how some would handle it.
    Yes, it's a weird situation. I would not encourage it...definitely not!. However, love finds us anywhere we are. People will eventually get used to seeing the sight of you and your employee. Of course, he would no longer be your employee, right? He will be a fellow co-owner? Employee affairs can cause distractions though and personal conflicts can lead to work conflicts. You just make a wise decision based on your particular situation. Ok?

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nick87 View Post
    As long as you can keep personal life and professional life separate, I see no problem with it. If you're not already in a workplace relationship, I'd do my best to avoid it, because if things go bad in the relationship things at work get really awkward really fast, and you'll keep having to face them every day. But if you really think the relationship will work out and things just sort of happen, sometimes people just fall in love and can't help it, they just have to keep up being professional while at work without any sort of favoritism or allowing personal fights to interfere with their work.
    I completely disagree with this. Simply because it is impossible to do. There is no difference between business, and personal. It is all the same. If you continue with a workplace relationship it will effect your work environment.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

6. Collapse Details
    From a business point of view, as long as their performance do not deteriorate after they started dating, it should not be a problem at all. Both of you must ensure that both of you are able to remain professional at all time during work hours. Although I would not recommend to date someone from your workplace because it might get awkward in the future if the relationship did not work out. Some workplace may require couple who started dating in office to report to the HR to ensure that there is no any conflict of interests that might occur from this new relationship.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I will not dare to date any co-worker. But if it really becomes a thing or if it just really happens, I will separate my professional life from my dating life. I should handle it like an adult.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    It's really discouraged for employees and co-workers to have a relationship because the result is being productive elsewhere and being unproductive at work. That's the reason why most companies discourage these kinds of relationships.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I tried it once. It's awkward. Want to have more example with the drama and stuff? try watching the tv series, Grey's Anatomy.. If you are sick and need medical help, you don't want to be around those doctors nursing personal problems brought about by some "relationships" hey?

Share on facebook

----
    I just started my own website and you can find it on http://www.ofwtips.com

10. Collapse Details
    I've only dated one person from the same company and she worked in an entirely different department, so there was, essentially, no chance for weirdness. The relationship ended years later and it didn't have any impact on my professional life. That said, I would, generally, stay clear of dating a coworker. The chances of messiness for all involved is just too high.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge