Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Incorporating a trading business
    I'm looking for ways to reduce my tax burden. I spend 20+ hours a week researching and developing trading systems, but the number of trades I make are fairly small - 50 a year, so I'm pretty sure I don't qualify for "trader tax status" which I've read allows a person to claim business deductions tax and to not be subjected to the $3K max carry-forward on losses but essentially requires them to be a day trader.

Can I legally set up an S-corp, trade through it even if I don't have "trader tax status", and provide myself with a salary that I can use to afford myself the benefits of being able to deduct health insurance, 401k contributions, business expenses, etc? Many other non-trading businesses use this technique. Are there any other techniques that traders who don't qualify as a trader in the eyes of the IRS have found to successfully reduce their tax burdens?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Contact me. I might be able to point you in the right direction

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Contact me. I might be able to point you in the right direction

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Greetings! I'd like you to follow order essay on plagiarism here whereas you need to have an original text written from scratch!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Have you some experience in trading? Can you tell me how to start?

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jjackevans View Post
    Have you some experience in trading? Can you tell me how to start?
    I think you should start with some education course. It is necessary to understand what is Forex and how you can earn money with it. For example you can start here https://www.avatrade.co.za/forex/what-is-forex there are many useful articles, and even big category with education. Also here you can start with demo account.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I am looking for ways to reduce my tax burden. I spend 20+ hours a week researching and developing trading systems, but the number of trades I make are fairly small - 50 a year, so I'm pretty sure I don't qualify for "trader tax status" which I've read allows a person to claim business deductions tax and to not be subjected to the $3K max carry-forward on losses but essentially requires them to be a day trader.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    To avoid such tax treatment, some active traders try to qualify for trader status. The qualified trader is allowed to file a Schedule C and deduct ordinary and necessary business expenses, which could include education, entertainment, margin interest and other trading-related expenses.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    National Hospital Room No 294,L Block, Phase 1,DHA,Lahore
    To avoid such tax treatment, some active traders try to qualify for trader status. The qualified trader is allowed to file a Schedule C and deduct ordinary and necessary business expenses, which could include education, entertainment, margin interest and other trading-related expenses.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Hello Everyone,,,,,,,,
    business expenses, which could include education, entertainment, margin interest and other trading-related expenses,
    Thanks

Share on facebook