Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Buying email lists
    I have recently started using email lists to cold solicit for new leads. What I am finding so far is that the vast majority of the lists seem to be outdated. Even the ones that claim to be verified and up-to-date end up having a lot of the emails bounce back. I really don't expect to have much success with the ones that don't bounce back either, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Is there someone that sells higher quality lists that I should try out before giving up? This is for a client of mine who is insisting we go this route for a while, so I have a higher budget I can potentially work with if it's going to make a real difference. I would rather see it succeed that give up entirely, after all.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I don't think email ads are reliable anymore. Everybody can notice an ad in their inbox nowadays. However, it looks like you shouldn't pay for them at all. You can get easily scammed.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Never do that mistake again. Email ads are useless now. You should go and use Adsense.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    My spouse and i don't think Email advertising are usually reputable any longer. Everybody can certainly see the advertising inside their email address today. On the other hand, this appears to be you shouldn't spend on these people by any means. You can get easily conned.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Email marketing will not yield much but it worth trying. People these days block any promotional emails they receive from people they do not know. Even with the introduction of Tabs in Gmail, such promotional emails are not easily viewed by users. Try social media marketing.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    Email marketing will not yield much but it worth trying. People these days block any promotional emails they receive from people they do not know. Even with the introduction of Tabs in Gmail, such promotional emails are not easily viewed by users. Try social media marketing.
    Do you happen to know how emails get filtered into those tabs in the first place? Like....what triggers Google to put an email into the promotional tab from a brand new company? I understand that a bunch of links and a company that is known to send out promotions would get filtered there, but what about more plain text versions without a bunch of links and spammy stuff?

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I don't do it and I would never do it. People just hate spam. If it doesn't get caught in their spam filter, they are instantly wondering where it came from.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    It's better to build your own email list than buy some lists that would probably be of no use to you. I personally would prefer a small growing list of targeted customers than send out to thousands of emails that most likely will end up in junk/spam folders. Also, I will not recommend this option to a client and instead explain to that client the pros and cons of buying an email list.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    No. There’s no such thing as an opt-in list for sale!

The fact is, email clients like Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail don’t consider purchased lists or lists given to you by a third party to be opt-in. They call it “unsolicited bulk/commercial email.” If the people you’re emailing did not directly sign up with you (and only you!) then it’s considered unsolicited.

Using a purchased list means you’re not adhering to the ISP and email client guidelines. Furthermore, purchased lists often generate really high bounces, get flagged as spam by recipients and have low read rates

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsrdtv View Post
    No. There’s no such thing as an opt-in list for sale!
    That's actually not quite true. One of the companies I've been talking with has lists where the people HAVE actually opted in to be contacted by other companies, contractors, etc. It doesn't mean that they'll always necessarily want ME, but they are opting in to receive the emails in the first place.

Share on facebook