Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Alternative/Guerilla Marketing
    What are some alternative marketing methods that have been used to some degree of success? I'm talking unique and innovative marketing strategies here. Has anybody had success with guerilla marketing and what was your MO? I'm just looking for some ideas.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I don't think anybody has used 'guerrilla' marketing methods. It's easier and safer to use the known methods of advertising.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Well like any alternative methods of doing anything, alternative methods of advertising are very risky. Guerrilla marketing is an advertising strategy in which low-cost unconventional means like graffiti or street art, sticker bombing, flash mobs are used, mostly in a localized fashion or large network of individual cells, to convey or promote a product or an idea. The term guerrilla marketing is similar to the idea of guerrilla warfare, which utilizes atypical tactics to achieve a goal in a competitive and unforgiving environment.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    IMO, in future reliance of traditional marketing methods may prove illogical because almost everyone will be trying to make money selling stuff online. That would make reaching the right people difficult because almost 'everyone is into it.' That's why, maybe, guerilla marketing should be taken seriously.

Guerilla marketing simply is unconventional but not necessarily geared towards misleading potential customers. For example if company employees posing as genuine forum members promote it to forum members or write positive reviews on blogs under assumed identities, that doesn't make their marketing illegal. It's just not right. . .

Want to know more about guerilla marketing, you can follow this link: http://weburbanist.com/2008/06/19/di...lla-marketing/

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    The traditional way may be the most used one, but it's also where most people look.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    The traditional way may be the most used one, but it's also where most people look.
    This really gets to the heart of it. With guerrilla marketing tactics, you risk alienating the very market you were trying to attract, simply because you don't believe you can get them to be interested in you without going over the top and (potentially) being rather annoying. I'd say it's better to exhaust the traditional options, and get a great feel for your customer base. If they like the more bizarre methods of advertising, go with it---but know you'll ruin your company for those still on the fence.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    The only thing I did that would be regarded as guerrilla marketing was placing stickers on telephone poles, walls and restroom walls. I don't know how legal that was (always check with the local authorities when doing so) but I did not receive any complaints. Was it a success? I wouldn't know. This is one of those marketing methods where seeing the results is kinda hard.

Btw, interesting link Rainman, shows quite a lot of alternative marketing methods I didn't knew about!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    They placed huge digital billboards that track planes in realtime. A kid would point up to the sky towards an airplane flying by and tell you what flight it is. That's amazing and very nicely done.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    We don't think anyone possesses applied 'guerrilla' advertising models. It is less complicated in addition to less hazardous make use of the particular recognized methods of advertising.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Guerilla marketing is good for the new business, but you can also use different method for your business advertising.

Share on facebook