Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Should I notify my clients?
    Am I required by law to notify my customers that my business is soon to be closed?

I need to mention that all my contracts have been honored before I took this decision. Now I'm just trying to make sure I'm protected against lawsuits by not missing some obscure law requirement.

Thanks!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I don't believe it is, but it may depend on the country you're in. It might be a good idea anyway if you want them back as customers in the future.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I don't think so, but it's always nice to have a notification that you're closing your business. Plus that way if there is any legal issues with not notifying them then it's solved!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I am not sure if you are obliged by law to notify your clients, but I would say that it is a good practice to do so. By doing so, at least you do not seem to burn bridges with your clients. You might need them in the future again. Regarding the consequence of this matter, you should check your state's law regarding closing a business.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure what type of business you are in, but I doubt you have to notify your customers that your business is closing. However, if you have very loyal customers, then I think it would be the courteous thing to do, so that they can make appropriate arrangements to do business elsewhere.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    As others mentioned, it kind of depends. I would recommend checking your initial contract with your employees. If you agreed to compensate them in the event of a closure, for example, then you may need to give them 2 weeks' notice and pay. Usually you don't need to, but it's good practice to let them know so they can start looking for other work.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I think it would be courteus to just let them know anyway at least if they are loyal customers, If you have contracts in place with these customers then you should probably read over them several thousand times just to make sure you aren't missing but if not then there isn't really a law in place for that or at least not where I'm from(UK)

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    Am I required by law to notify my customers that my business is soon to be closed?

I need to mention that all my contracts have been honored before I took this decision. Now I'm just trying to make sure I'm protected against lawsuits by not missing some obscure law requirement.

Thanks!
    I believe that you should notify them if you are about to close your business as a necessary precaution.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I don't think it's required by law. But if you have some loyal customers then it would be nice for them to hear from you.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    There is no law for this. You set up the business of your own volition, and you closed it the same way. You honored your contracts, and if you want to skulk away like a thief in the night, you are free to do so. However, if you tell your clients about the business closing, you may find a valuable networking asset that leads you to your next venture---why pass up on the chance?

Share on facebook