Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How much does a Local radio ad cost?
    I am starting a small Lawn Care company. With Spring, and summer fast approaching i think it is the perfect time to run a local radio add to stir up interest. Does anyone here have any experience doing this?

How much does it cost? Also. How effective was it for your business?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I've had some experience with radio ads in my market, but I'd hesitate to give you a figure---it varies wildly based on the station you're looking to advertise with. I'd ask them about some sort of trade as well, because in smaller markets it can be valuable to the station to be able to contract your free services in exchange for a pretty hefty discount.

That being said, radio advertising is not terribly effective unless you are running a personal campaign as well. A lawn care service is perfect for door-to-door style advertising---that way you can show your customers who you are and what you do. Then the radio ads will be better able to reinforce your service in the mind of your customer. Personals are a must!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    It really depends on the radio station, if it's a real big station they can charge at $500, but if they're not as popular it'll probably be a lot cheaper about ~$100. And a tip is to probably get a spot around rush hour so you'll get as many listeners to the ad as possible.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I'm not sure where you live, but I think that a more effective way to drum up business it door to door. It is harder for homeowners to say no in person then to ignore a radio ad. Some people don't even consider hiring a lawn care company until it is brought to their attention. I would start with flyers and just knocking on doors in neighborhoods that you would like to work in. After business picks up word of mouth will help your business grow.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Advertising on the radio is a great way to create a local awareness for your business. Now, when we are talking about the prices of radio ads, they are generally dependent on a number of factors like the number of listeners a particular station has, length of your advertisement and the frequency of the plays of your advertisement during peak hours and off-peak hours. So, I would recommend you to check out the quotes being offered by the various radio stations and choose something that matches your requirement.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It really depends on many factors, such as how many spots you take, for how long (duration) and over what period of time. I think it's best for you to just call your local radio station and ask for a quote.

Keep in mind that the costs involved in radio advertising might be pretty substantial. For small businesses looking for more exposure; they are better putting off radio advertising until they have a stronger financial foothold. They should also be selling a product and/ or service that will appeal to the masses (not just to a niche market) when it comes to ROI in radio advertisements.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I am just unsure your geographical area, however I do believe that your more effective solution to drum up company it door for you to door. It is more difficult for householders to state no in person and then for you to disregard the r / c offer. Some people don't perhaps contemplate getting the yard care organization till it is given their own consideration. I would begin with flyers and just bumping about entrance doors with local communities that you wish to perform with. Immediately after company picks up person to person might help your business develop.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    We did this sort of campaign for our business once. Since we were living in a small city at the time and the radio station was a local one the cost was low. I mention that the city was small since the price of advertising varies according to the number of subscribers. If the estimated number of listeners is big, the price is high. Other factors that influence the cost are the length of your message and the number of daily repeats.

I also agree with the others here that suggest a mix of radio with door to door advertising. Such a mixed advertising campaign means more bang for your money.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    It depends on the ad and the region. It shouldn't be a lot, but it's definitely more expensive and you should try other ways of advertising.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    In my opinion, I don't think advertising for Lawn Care using radio is an effective way. From what I see, there's not a lot of people listening to radio in their daily lives these days. A majority of radio listeners are actually drivers, who happened to switch on the radio in their car when they are driving. Radio ads are mostly about physical products that you go to a physical place to buy it, and they mostly targeted drivers as they could drive instantly to any related areas if they are attracted by the ads. So if what you are offering is actually a kind of service where you go to the customers' houses, you need a different approach. A lot of other posters mentioned about promoting from door to door, which I think has great compatibility with the services you provided.

Share on facebook