Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What to ask during an interview?
    We're recruiting for a small contact center project and we seem to have a hard time finding someone suitable for the job even though the project does not require much experience or knowledge. I was wondering if you can share from your experience significant questions that can be addressed during an interview that can give you a quick idea as to what kind of person you're dealing with.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I love asking situational questions because that will tell me a lot how a person would react in a given situation. It is also very natural, so it does not give the person a chance to give scripted answers. It is best to ask about really difficult situations and ask how that person would deal with it. You see his personality as well as his problem solving skills and how he deals with others.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    You need to throw them off their game. Most people walk into an interview expecting boiler plate questions that you took off the internet (where do you see yourself in five years, etc) but those questions give you nothing but prepared responses. Do something that makes them laugh, or throws them off, and you start to get a feel for who that person really is, and what that person is capable of. If you have low requirements, you should be able to train someone with no experience as long as they communicate well with you.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Ask about there previous job and why did they leave it?, Ask what can they bring to the company?, the usual questions
    that is usually ask during interviews.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Ask them questions that can make them show confidence on how to handle tasks when assigned to them. It is important to rate someone based on their ability to tackle several issues with confidence not someone who easily gives up.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wander_n_wonder View Post
    I love asking situational questions because that will tell me a lot how a person would react in a given situation. It is also very natural, so it does not give the person a chance to give scripted answers. It is best to ask about really difficult situations and ask how that person would deal with it. You see his personality as well as his problem solving skills and how he deals with others.
    I'll echo this. Behavioral based interview questions are the most revealing (i.e. "tell me about a time when..."). I always reverse the roles and ask "If you were making the hiring decision for this position, what qualities would you look for in a candidate that will make them successful in this role? What would make someone unsuccessful in this role?". I also like to ask "Describe the manager that will get the very best work from you.". I feel these questions really reveal what type of employee you'll get.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I personally prefer just asking hypothetical questions related to the line of work we do, to see how he or she would react to certain events, and even if he or she did not know specifically what to do, I would just base my judgement on how rational the answer is because I don't really expect anyone to know everything about a certain business right out of the gate. I value analytic skills the most, and I try to see how aware the person is on how to properly react in given situations and also his or her willingness to learn.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You can always start with the basic generic questions. Internet is your best source for these type of interview questions. The next part would be questions that are unique to your company only. You could ask questions to gauge their analytic skills in solving the problem. For the final part, you could always ask an open-ended question. This will generally throw them off their game and you get a better insight of how the candidate will fit in your organization.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    There are a lot of websites who offer basic interview questions. I always ask why someone wants to join the company. This gives a very broad view on their ideas and way of thinking. Also proves their motivation.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Apart from the technical and job related stuff, I also ask them about -
    1. Why they Left the earlier job (or are planning to leave)
    2. Why they want to join us
    3. What would they do if they had a better offer after working for 2 years at a higher post with us
    4. What are their goals and expectations from us in terms of Promotions, Salary Increase
    5. Anything else they would like to tell us about us

Once recruited, I would recommend that we still contnue interacting with them maybe once in 2-3 months and re-evaluate them

Share on facebook