Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I would also say to try to have a genuine conversation with them. Try to get them to lower their defenses and open up a little about themselves. This will give them the opportunity to badmouth their former employs or show any other unwanted traits.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Sounds to me that it is more in the advertisement of the position. If you have just a lazy dazy ad on craigslist then that's what your going to get. If you are putting it out on one of the job boards, you might have a better response. Perhaps this would be a good position to give to a contracting company so that you can get the right fit! Good luck!!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I've attended an interview myself recently and the manager who was interviewing me impressed me so much that I really feel I've learned a lot. The interview took about 2 hours and he asked specific questions that would give him an insight into my skills and my experience. Questions that would test your logic, your willingness to rise up to expectations, to resolve problems, customer orientation and a lot more. I believe it is very important to know exactly what you're after when interviewing. To have everything prepared.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    It's fun to ask situational questions or give behavioral interviews to candidates for a job. Below are basic questions that you can ask the candidate and at the same time, you will be able to know a lot about the person you may or may not hire:

Tell me about how you worked effectively under pressure.
    How do you handle a challenge? Give an example.
    Have you ever made a mistake? How did you handle it?
    Give an example of a goal you reached and tell me how you achieved it.
    Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it.
    Give an example of how you set goals and achieve them.
    Give an example of how you worked on a team.
    What do you do if you disagree with someone at work?
    Share an example of how you were able to motivate co-workers.
    Have you handled a difficult situation?

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    That really depends, on what type of projects you are running in your contact-center. You always can try to hire some freelancers that will work from home at the beginning.

Share on facebook

Mike Levin,
    Small online store owner.

I Use SMC

6. Collapse Details
    I like to give questions of the type “What would you do if”, I believe logic and problem solving skills are more important than education or experience (Depending on the position of course). I also like to ask “What would I see if I run a background check on you today?” and then if this is my favorite candidate I would run a background check and I will compare it to the given answers. This shows me how trustworthy the person is.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkivanova View Post
    I like to give questions of the type “What would you do if”, I believe logic and problem solving skills are more important than education or experience (Depending on the position of course). I also like to ask “What would I see if I run a background check on you today?” and then if this is my favorite candidate I would run a background check and I will compare it to the given answers. This shows me how trustworthy the person is.
    Where do you run the background checks? I am a new business owner and I haven`t done background check before?

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I use background-intel.com. It is very fast and accurate. I highly recommend it.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I would look at making sure that you are in format with the resume (see here if you're unsure what's on a resume https://www.velvetjobs.com/resume/) but basically expand of this idea and prepare yourself some notes to run off. Without notes and some practice it could be a terrible interview which nobody wants. If there are some practical/non-practical tests that are required, ensure that all documents are given upon arrival for your examination.

Preparation is key!

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Hi SimplySidy,
    Great explanation. I totally agree with you.
    These are some important questions that need to ask during an interview.
    Thanks!!

Share on facebook