Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Teaching kids about Business.
    Do you think it's important to teach kids about business and money from an early age? How would you do this?

There are many studies out there showing how children that were tough about finance and money handling from an early age grew up to be more successful. Now I don't say that all become little entrepreneurs, but that generally they navigate life better on a monetary level.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Yes, it certainly is important to let your kid starts at young age. You could start by introducing him to the books that could expand his views on financial situations. My uncle used to lend me these kinds of books when I was in middle school. Although I am not a super successful entrepreneur yet, I am fairly certain that those books I read did play a major role in setting my views on financial securities. If you have the means and resources, you could even help funding your kid to grasp the business concept better.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I would say it is better to teach them about saving money not really handling much of it. Teach them on how to spend money wisely not becoming impulse buyers whenever they see something cool they want it.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think that children should learn the importance and value of money at a young age. They should know that they can't get everything they want, and if they want something, they should learn to work for it such as through chores, volunteering at the community or just small activities that will help them grow. I think that it will teach them to be more responsible as they grow up and it will also help them not become spoiled. Even if the parents have resources to get their kids whatever they want, I still think this practice is good and will help them to become better entrepreneurs if that's the path they plan to take.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Yes, I think it's good to teach kids about money, but I personally think it's best not to rush it or force it. Any small lessons we can teach them would be enough such as saving, in my opinion, as long as the lessons don't just stop there and they are continually taught more as they progress and are able to understand more and more. I think the best way to teach them is to get them involved and allow them to help out and just plain be immersed in such environments, and this way, they can just learn on their own and in their own way. Soon enough, they will start asking questions after this and I think it's best when it happens this way since you can be assured that they are genuinely interested and not just being pressured into acting like it.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Of course! I think that too many young people don't know the first thing about money. There are really great resources online. You can even check out Pinterest for more information. I have found some really great info and activities for teaching children of all ages about money. I even have Paypal and checking accounts for my teens so they get a head start at learning how money works.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    Of course! I think that too many young people don't know the first thing about money. There are really great resources online. You can even check out Pinterest for more information. I have found some really great info and activities for teaching children of all ages about money. I even have Paypal and checking accounts for my teens so they get a head start at learning how money works.
    I think that's a very nice thing to do for your kids and I applaud you for doing so. My parents never took the initiative to help me set up bank accounts so I was pretty much left on my own to discover such things and I never did get to discover them until later in life. I think kids nowadays are a bit more aware of the importance of money, though, to be honest. They are already exposed to so much of the business side of things these days because even video games now have integrated market places. It kind of makes me envious of them to be growing up in such an environment, to be honest. :\

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    According to me it is important.By doing this your child become independent.They come to know that what is the importance of money in our life.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    There is a right age for every thing. The first think kids should focus on basic education first. If they will qualified, then they won't face any problem while dealing with financial situation, spending money and understanding market strategies.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think it is very important to teach kids about the business but they should not be compelled or stressed to know or follow about it. So, teaching kids about an outline of a business will help them to understand what business is and how to deal with it.

Share on facebook