Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    If your mom is motivated, start a coffee bar. Sell some cake, sell coffee, ... It takes a lot of work but you could tell the hairdresser customers to have a drink next door if they have to wait.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Probably something related to beauty products would work well next to that hair salon. Like a store selling makeup or clothes, anything girls like to buy often really. But this depends on a lot of factors. Is the hair salon the only business in the area that caters to women? If there are more that's great. If the hair salon is the only one, retail is a good idea also. Sure, sometimes it's good to place a certain business near another but most times it doesn't matter. Look around a lot and see what types of people make up the demographic of the area, then decide.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Everybody can tell you what is the best thing to open next to the hair salon but here nobody will actually go to your salon.
    What you need to do is talk to the hair salon customers, try and figure out what THEY would like to see beside the hair salon. If you manage to find a need with your existing customers and fix it... boom you have a winning formula.

Hope this helps

Share on facebook

Want to Build a Booming Business? Six week online training for entrepreneurs. Tips and strategies from real millionaires.
    www.themillionairehighschool.com

4. Collapse Details
    I agree with the nail saloon. There can be more options like jewellery shop, boutique shop, ladies accessories, something related to saloon you know. Or else a small cute cafe would be fine too. People coming to have a cup of coffee might hit with the thought of cutting their hair going to the saloon next. There are so many. Good luck to your mom Janinea.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Errebey View Post
    Everybody can tell you what is the best thing to open next to the hair salon but here nobody will actually go to your salon.
    What you need to do is talk to the hair salon customers, try and figure out what THEY would like to see beside the hair salon. If you manage to find a need with your existing customers and fix it... boom you have a winning formula.

Hope this helps
    This is actually the best idea ever. Often in a hair salon you already spend a lot of time talking with the customer, so might as well get their input.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Think about the type of customers that would be using a salon- usually women. This is important in recognizing the people who will be in the area. My thoughts are that a nail bar, accessories shop or something selling beauty products would be good. Another idea is a cafe as if a woman has an afternoon free for a hair appointment she may want to make the most of the day and grab a coffee. Therefore, some type of coffee shop or cafe might be a possibility.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I think it will depend on your location, your traffic and the other business establishments near your mother's hair salon. Actually, the last one I think is the most crucial. Scope out the competition. You shouldn't put up a cafe if there are already two of them within the area. If most of your mother's customers are women, then a nail salon or a boutique would be the most logical complement to your mother's hair salon, unless there are already shops offering the same just around the corner

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Next door to my local saloon, there's a little shop that sells cakes and beverages. I have to tell you, they're really making a killing. As customers wait for their turn, they usually get a snack from the shop and sometimes, groups of women would hangout over coffee after getting their hair done.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I think food would be a good idea. I say this because of the fact women spend a lot of time in the salon and often times get hungry. And when they get hungry they are most likely going to go to the closest place to them. And it would be real good since it would be in walking distance. Also the people that work there get hungry as well and will most likely go there. I think both of them being there will bring a lot of business to each other.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    My vote goes to a coffee shop with free wifi.

Share on facebook

Tu Nguyen
    Creative Director
    tu@treehausinkdesign.com
    http://treehausinkdesign.com