Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Work or start your own business?
    So I went to business school, but before I started my own business I decided to work in the corporate world just to get a feel of it. If you guys had a chance to choose, would you just work in the corporate world from 8-5 or set up your own business? Just curious! Because not all graduates end up in a field related to the course they took up in college.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Well I didn't go to business school, but if I had a choice I think I would start my own business. Because it is
    something that I have wanted to do for a long time now.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Here is a chance to start our owm business ,we know a friend he runs a tranding company and its a top 10 tablet /phone wholesale in China ,he can provide the dropshipper service to customers,the product catalogue as below .
    1) Android tablets ($29 - $280): These are the cheapest and best tablet PCs you will find on the internet!
    Click below for details:
    7" Tablet
    7.9" Quad Core Tablet
    8" Tablet
    9-9.7" Tablet
    10.1" and Above Tablet
    2) Android phones ($23 - $310): These smart phones are all ready to use world widely in GSM as well as WCDMA network.
    Click below for details:
    3.5" Android Phones
    4.0" Android Phones
    4.3"-4.5" Android Phones
    4.7" Android Phones
    5.0" Android Phones
    5.3"-5.5" Android Phones
    Above 5.5" Android Phones

And more products ,please kindly go to view at www.topitshopping.com
    May this information can help the friends who want to build own business.
    Elina Ding
    Email:alinadingjpl@gmail.com

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    If I had a chance to start my own business, then I would definitely go for it. I think there is so much you can do with your own business than when you are working in the corporate world. You will be constrained to working in certain hours and if you can not meet the conditions then you are fired.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    If my chances are roughly the same in joining a corporation as starting my own, then I would rather start my own. It's more work but it's more empowering. I rather take less money and do my own thing, than take more money and join a company. However, if the company is offering something a lot better than my own business, then I might just take that.

I have my own business. There are A LOT of downs and it is very very very frustrating and stressful. Working with another company may be stressful and frustrating, but you will most likely never have to deal with the same stuff when you're on your own.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Being employed in the exact field you're going to open your business in can bring valuable experience. Say you want to open a shoe manufacturing company. By first working in such a company you get a taste of how things work. You'll learn how they handle production, how they find and manage customers, how they sell the products and what corners do they cut for bigger profits. You can even leave and take a few employees that you're friends with from that place to work with you on the new business. So yes, I think that working first will help you get a better start on your own.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I've done some work in an office before and never did like the lack of freedom and having to report to someone. Because of my nature [hating to be bossed around by anybody] I prefer starting and owning my own business rather than take a 9-5:00 job.

Fine, the challenges one has to face before their business gets off the ground are many but the benefits [being your own boss, setting your work hours, etc] are worth fighting for.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Of course most of us will choose to have our own business. But thinking other way I feel working for someone else means a limitation of my work and responsibility which is a good thing. On the other hand if I own a business, there will be a lot of responsibilities lying on my shoulder, unless it's not a big trade.
    So the type of person I am, I would choose to take an 8-5 job and come home leaving all the worries behind.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I've chosen to start my own business, instead of searching for work. It's the harder path, because you need to find customers, and turn your business from a hobby to a business, but it's definitely worth it in the end. Hard work pays off.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by janineaa View Post
    So I went to business school, but before I started my own business I decided to work in the corporate world just to get a feel of it. If you guys had a chance to choose, would you just work in the corporate world from 8-5 or set up your own business? Just curious! Because not all graduates end up in a field related to the course they took up in college.
    I understand what your're saying. It's hard to land a job in this economy. I would advise any graduate to get a part-time or a voluntary job while in school; this will increase the prospect of them getting a job after graduating. Too many of them have to sit down at home after graduating. I personally would trying having my own business, regardless of whether or not I have a 8-5 job. Both would be preferable though. It depends on the product you're selling though, and how easily that product will translate into cash.

Share on facebook