1. Collapse Details
    Social Media and New Businesses
    Hello everyone: I am launching my jewelry design business this Fall 2014.

1. Does anyone have anything to share as far as successes having either of the following: Facebook Business Page, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn?

2. Also, please share ways to get a following with people that are interested in your particular industry. For example: How to target people who love fashion.

Thank you!

Rox

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I have a jewelry business, and I found social media to be unhelpful, although I'm currently thinking of ways to make it work. When you have your business name be sure to register accounts on all social media sites you plan to use so no one else takes your name. It will help with your branding.

Twitter is known to be businesses marketing to each other. Back in the day I used to make sales from it, but today's Twitter is a different monster.

You have to figure out where your target market hangs out in order to have a successful marketing plan. If they all use a specific online forum you would need to advertise on that forum. If they attend the local college you need to find a way to advertise at that college.

Jewelry is a very tough market. Good luck to you.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I help local small business with social media and they have definitely seen a difference with adding these profiles and using the ads to receive more business. Facebook has a very low cost and effective ad boost to use. You can be very descriptive to area and product. Inbox me if you would like more info! At this point I do social media for trade, got any Jade in your line?!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    The best site to use is Twitter because you are not expected to know your followers, or the people you follow personally You can also post link, and ads without them being deleted as spam. I wouldn't recommend this though. It is a lot of work for little gain. Marketing with social media rarely translates into more business. It is not worth your time.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    All of the platforms you mentioned should be used to market your new jewelry business. There's no point in focusing on just one when all of them are really good at driving business towards you. No matter which you try (Facebook, Twitter etc) please remember to engage your followers by posting content relevant to your business (fun facts, interesting designs) and don't just sell things to them.

Have a look in the marketing section of the forums here, social marketing is discussed quite often and lots of good advice can be found.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I believe a Facebook page and Instagram account can get you far in your business. Among all social networking sites, I would truly suggest that you utilize these two. Since you're an online retail store, you could easily take pictures of your products and upload them online, along with the prices and delivery choices.

In terms of getting people interested in your business, I believe Instagram and Twitter work best with this. What you could do is follow people who are interested in fashion! People love getting followers and almost everyone checks if they have a new follower. When they see that your business followed their account, they'll check your account out and if they're interested, they'd probably follow you back.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Social Media serves an important role for any business at the moment. If you do not have these social media accounts then it will be hard to promote your new business. Simply find a person who can help you do it if you have no clue on how to do it.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Of the various social media sites, I would strongly encourage you to join Pinterest and post images of your products on that site.
    Facebook is good for getting friends to view your work, but some companies have needed to pay FB to promote their business articles/posts.
    Twitter is good for brief messages relating to your products

You may also want to open a Tumblr account to blog post about your products. Blogger is good for blog posts that are quickly noticed by search engines.

Good luck!

Share on facebook

InnovationCubed.com - More than just web development . We are your tech advisor and guide.

9. Collapse Details
    For social media, All social sites is very helpful for your business branding. But mostly you can get business by Facebook page, LinkedIn page and Twitter. These accounts are help you to connect people with you.

Share on facebook