Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    There is no direct fit for all value over here. For example in the Manufacturing Industry a RoI of 5 -10% is considered to be a big number, while this same value can vary from sub-industry verticals. In an IT set-up the RoI can vary from 20% - 45% depending on the area that the IT company is focusing on. So, name the the Industry that you wish to be in and maybe I can give a apt response on which performance would fit you better.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I'd say 100% ROI would be a good place to set your goals, but it's probably not practical to consider it as the main measure of success in business as it is also important to take notice of what or how much effort was made to make such a profit. If, for example, one were to put in so much effort into it that it becomes non-viable to do for the long term, then it would only be partially successful in my opinion. The best businesses are the ones you don't have to put in as much time and effort into because if you did then you might as well be in employment where you could potentially get the same amount of income for the same amount of work without having to worry about risk and uncertainty.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fredkawig View Post
    From what I understand. Return of investment happens when the capital you pitched in was returned back to you and you still operate on your business at the moment. That means all the other income you will garner will be profits already and no longer money to pay for your original expenses.
    I do not agree with your point of view that 'Return of Investment happens when the capital you pitched in was returned back to you and you still operate on your business at the moment.' The correct meaning is that Return on investment is the amount of gains/returns you make after investing a certain amount of money in a business venture. It is generally expressed as a percentage.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    This is going to be a bit alternative of what most mainstream experts would say, but I think it's important to factor in your personal enjoyment of running your own business and being your own boss. For a lot of people that is very empowering and they might be all right with taking a pay cut. As long as you're able to buy the bills and can comfortable afford expenses for your business and your personal life, I think return on investment is a moot point.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Knowing the ROI for each of your marketing investments tells exactly how successful each initiative is per dollar spent. And that enables you to stop spending money on campaigns that donít produce results.

As such, you're able to focus all of your marketing dollars on the initiatives that are the most profitable. Once you identify tactics with a strong positive ROI, you can invest money confidently ó knowing that youíll recoup your investment and more. At the end of the day, knowing your marketing ROI allows you to pick up more business efficiently. And that, in turn, allows you improve all of your other financial numbers dramatically.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    There's no real answer to this. ROI is very dependent on many peculiar factors. If you have a ROI of only 10% but on a ten billion dollar investment, that's a huge amount of profit. A ROI of 50% on a $10k business is only $5k so you have to look at it with perspective too.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    It depends on your business type, but the return on investment may take over a year to happen. Businesses take a long time to develop and get established in the marketplace. I would have though a healthy profit margin would be between 5 - 10%. You would have to do some research on Google. The government have some good websites for starting up a business, and lots of advice on how to go about it.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    As long as you have a positive ROI big enough to allow you continue doing your business, then the IDEAL roi is dependent on you. How much do you want to make? Of course everyone wants to earn millions if not billions but how badly do you want to attain those figures? The ideal roi is a figure that you'll be happy with.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah, everyone has crazy wishes these days. You need enough to make you happy.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I would have thought it would take at least a year to break even and start making a profit in almost any business, what with all the investment needed to get the business off the ground. Once you do break even, a good ROI would be a profit margin of 5 to 10% I would have thought. Of course it depends on the market your aiming at and the industry your in. Get some free business advice from the citizens advice bureau. Do some searches on google, yahoo and bing, there is usually a wealth of information on starting a business and what ROI to expect.

Share on facebook