Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    It depends on what kind of business you are running, your location, and what kind of consumer base is already in place. There is no one true answer. If your business is in an out of the way location without a lot of foot traffic, you are going to need to advertise heavily. Context is everything when it comes to question like this.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by idlecuriosities View Post
    It depends on what kind of business you are running, your location, and what kind of consumer base is already in place. There is no one true answer. If your business is in an out of the way location without a lot of foot traffic, you are going to need to advertise heavily. Context is everything when it comes to question like this.
    I agree with this 100%. There are too many variables to give you a helpful response. The OP needs to be more specific.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

3. Collapse Details
    I spent about $100 on my blog and saw a massive increase in traffic. Advertising is unfortunately a necessity when running any form of online business. Especially websites, blogs, social media, etc.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    It depends on the business. There are those businesses that need a lot of money for advertising money before they can actually work. But for an online business, it is much easier to make it happen. Simply use social media sites that will easily get you connected and they are free to use. Less money is spent for online marketing.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    So far I am spending nothing with advertising, I simply can't afford it. I am cutting my margins in some promotions I am making on Facebook, like 20 or 30% off and similar to see if I attract new customers, but I can't afford real advertising. My storefront has advertising and I get discounts from my suppliers as well for having it there, but that's not paid advertising.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    My job is SEO, and i've got previous social experience. So i spend none. Utilizing these FREE tools can be huge. Get a social presence and optimize your site and you won't need to.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Honestly it depends on how much business i am receiving.

If i am receiving a lot of business i usually h stop advertising for a while, and save up for the next drought of customers.

However if my business is struggling. I would be willing to go deep into my business accounts to stir up new clients. I advertise on a need basis. owning a local business. I have to manage my funds very closely. The majority of the advertising i do is generally cheap. I do things such as printing small posters, and hanging them around town. I also print fliers, and give them to restaurants to hand out to their customers.

I live in a small town Which means i do not need much exposure. "Word of mouth" is the form of marketing in my town. The most i have ever spent on advertising is a few thousand dollars.

Share on facebook

I Need Money!

8. Collapse Details
    I was thinking this way back then when I started my online business. Having to compete with the huge companies that do PPC and SEO, its an endless battle to go up the rank on the search results so what I did was to focus on facebook and youtube videos just so I can see real people is actually seeing my company profile and that my services will be notice particularly those who don't even know about it.

Share on facebook

Last edited by garfish; 03-28-2014 at 03:27 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Initially, it depends on you that what type of advertising you wanna do.? There r ample of things you can do for promoting your product like you can do advertise offline as well as online .According to your budget you can do promotion.Now days , the trends is to promote their product from 'Word of mouth.'

Share on facebook

Last edited by peter90; 04-03-2014 at 02:54 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    I haven't spent a dime on ads. Maybe this is just me, but I don't like to spend extra money for something that's not worth it.

Share on facebook