Thread: Team building

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Team building
    What is the best way in which to get the best performance out of your team? I think organizing team buildings is a great idea and I'd like to know if you've used this method, what kind of games or tasks did/do you use and was the experience helpful or not?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I believe that team building is an important factor in order to have a successful working relationship between employees which always lead to better performance. Games should be in the spirit of fun and camaraderie so that they can open up
    be at ease. I think the most common activity during team building is the one where the participants are blind folded and then fall on their backs and other team members are there to catch, i forgot the name of this activity bit it was really fun and it also builds trust.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    There are a few team building exercises that I've learned during a training. One of them involved a few bricks and the task was to get from point A to point B by moving the brigs from back to front. It's challenging because depending on the number of bricks and the number of people involved in the exercise, you have to share your brick with one or two other participants and risk to fall and be eliminated from the game.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Team building exercises can be good or bad depending on the way they are set up and the nature of the team you want to build. Not every individual and not every job is suitable to the team player attitude. Companies that sell team building seminars to other companies are taking advantage of the hype in the market and may or may not get results.

Team building is not a bad thing, but make sure the activities don't just encourage a team to work together but rather require it. Also, make sure that the teams being built are ones that would normally interact in the workplace (building a team of day and night staff in different departments will not see a benefit).

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostvalleyguy View Post
    (building a team of day and night staff in different departments will not see a benefit).
    I can give you an example that defies what you said, even though you are right. We have a 90 people project and the project is divided into about 5 teams. The day and night shifts are not given to teams but to individuals and the vary from one week to another so you can't really keep this in mind when building the team. But team buildings came as prizes for the best team of the month. So the employees were doing their best in order to achieve the results necessary for them to win, already being a team. After winning, they would attend the team building and come back even more united. I find that was a good strategy. What i'm more interest in though are the exercises that you can do as part of the team building.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Teambuilding can be great way to get a team to work together. I don't know if it can improve productivity but it can increase companionship. It also helps to get to know one another.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    You can hire a professional to help you out with the organization of these knds of things too!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You can check out on games online for company team building. Usually a game like The Amazing Race will help. That promotes team work big time!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Try Youtube. There are a lot of team building activities that you could watch and do it for your company employees. Team building is good to motivate them indeed.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Team building is a great way which will give friendly competition and bonding between your employees. Parties are also a good thing to bring people closer and at the same time have fun doing it.

Share on facebook