Thread: Team building

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jfab View Post
    Try Youtube. There are a lot of team building activities that you could watch and do it for your company employees. Team building is good to motivate them indeed.
    This is a good idea. Indeed you can find most anything on Youtube these days. Also, giving the employees a chance to come with their own ideas might be a good thing to do.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Team building is a great way to promote synergy within your team members. During my internship during college, the company used to have team building activity for every quarter. It does not always have to be games all the time. In fact, one of the activity was a buffet lunch at an up-scale restaurants. Everyone get to have great conversations and relax with each other's presence.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Hiring like-minded people is a good start. If you make sure your team share a common interest or goal, everything else should work itself out. Instead of trying to force a kinship upon eclectic people, try to form a team with people who are likely to work well together.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think anything that brings the workplace together in a more relaxed environment can be a great thing for the office. Parties are good, but they can get out of hand if too much alcohol is involved. I think an office sports team registered with a recreational league can be great for this purpose.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    The aim of team building is not only to work as a team. It's a way to form stronger relationships and to become friends. Team building can be for any kind of group, a group of friends, a group of coworkers, and even a family. It forms a stronger bond and in terms of working together, forming strategies together, and thinking together as friends.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Yes, team buildings are beneficial for both the workplace environment and for the business as a whole. Some companies prefer sending the employees someplace nice, like in the mountains for a weekend, where they do all sorts of team activities. This works well for the bigger businesses where money is plenty. For the smaller ones a night out in the town with the team works well as a team building opportunity. You can also mix the activities with some training since learning when out of the workplace works better in my opinion. Like the others here already said, the net is full of instructional videos regarding this topic, you can start there.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    You have to let the team do things together like outdoor activities and many other things. You can make the team go into groups of two and then ask their partner three questions such as, "What is their dream". It all up to you to be creative but it will result in the team being able to know each other on a deeper level.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I honestly hate those games for teambuilding. For me, it's very artificial. I would prefer just bringing together my team for an activity out, let's say bowling or badminton. At least, we get to hangout together outside the office, without having to do those petty and shallow games which are usually very predictable already.

Most teambuilding activities are already very familiar to everyone, so it fails to bring the message along because everyone knows what to expect anyway.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Well I think team building has always been the best way to bring together all your employees. At times just holding an annual party can also do the trick. People will come together to talk about the way the whole year has been in the company and also discuss the way forward.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Most companies have no idea what team building is. They think that hiring "team building" experts is the way to go when in fact, these experts are just trying to make their money from booking fees. In order to create a successful team building exercise, you need to understand your employees. What type of company do you own or control? Why would they choose to be in that company? What is the expected result of the team building exercise? These are the questions that you should answer first in order to formulate they type of team building exercise required. Are you trying to create leaders or are you trying to show your employees how to follow? It's not just about games. It's basic psychology. Understand what you plan to accomplish and from there planning the team building will be easier.

Share on facebook