Thread: Social Media

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Social Media
    Social Media is a very important piece of advertising material for companies to use, but who exactly uses it and how much social media advertising do you do?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    In the growing world of online advertising, advertising on social networking websites has almost become a necessity now. Huge Corporations have set aside a large part of their marketing budget on setting up separate departments in order to efficiently advertise their product or service. Even the small up and coming businesses have realized the importance of social marketing and have started advertising their product on social networking websites.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I'm rethinking my strategy with it. I'm thinking about focusing on one site since I am only one person with limited time. I want it to be the place where I share ideas, good reviews, sales, new items, related news, customer images, etc.

I'm curious to know what others specifically do with their social sites.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    For me it isn't so much who uses it, as much as it is how it is being used. Often, particularly with smaller businesses, I see very poor use of social media. It is not a media meant to advertise, so much as it as media meant to engage your audience. There are already rumbles on some sites about too much advertising. People don't want their feeds cluttered with advertising. I look at social media as an opportunity to promote my brand through engaging dialogue and posts. This is where it may make more sense to focus on one social media platform - particularly if your target demographic happens to be heavy users of a particular platform. I also don't believe in posting just for the sake of posting and getting your brand out there more. In my opinion, you need to have something to post that will benefit your audience, otherwise they'll like tune out. Quality over quantity.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    If you look around you'll notice that most companies use social advertising nowadays. Why? Because all their customers and future customers are already on those social platforms. Sure, some use social media better than others. The big companies can invest lots of cash in advertising by using specialized firms that know what their doing while a small family business with little money to spare does all advertising on it's own with less success.

But no matter how much or little money you have at hand you should always check social media as a means to promote your business. It was important in the past but it looks like in the future it's gonna be even more important.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think social networking can be a really effective way to market your company and expand your client base. However, it's not for every business. I see many businesses active on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, etc. and hardly have any content to update with. It seems like something that's done just for the sake of doing it. I'd say it's a great platform for anybody who has regular updates, news or general content to share.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    It depends on what kind of business you're doing and if you're smart about it, you can get a lot of customers through facebook. I have a shoe, accessories store online and offline so I find this quite useful to share new products or tweet about new sales. You can say that 80% of my customers found me through social networking sites and through the power of sharing links.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    The local businessmen usually use it. However, it's very good for any kind of new business.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Social Media advertising is probably the easiest and cheapest way to market your business. Probably all modern business have at least done an online advertising strategies once in their corporate lives. Practically every civilized human being uses the internet!

It's incredible how advertising online can reach out to a wide range of people worldwide, a.k.a. customers. However, you must strictly advertise on websites that your market uses, for it would just be a waste of time advertising to people who wouldn't care about your business.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    On Facebook for example, almost every big company has a Facebook fan page with tens thousands of fans.

I have also used Facebook fan page to promote my web forum. The result wasn't very good as Facebook had suddenly killed off the usefulness of the fan pages by reduced the wall posts exposure rate to next to zero. They did it for the purpose of forcing everyone using that paid "promote" button. Now you have to pay for every one of your own wall post on the fan page just to have them appear in the feed of your fans. So I pretty much gave up on using Facebook for promotion, since nobody can even see my wall posts on the fan page... and I don't plan on paying minimal $10 for every one of my wall post.

As this point, I believe only those giant corporations can still get the benefits from Facebook. On several occasions, my FB friends suggested me to "like" fan pages... some of them are the fan pages of big companies/brands. I guess that's one way for retain customers and gain new awareness from the potential customers. But if you are not running an already well known company, then you are out of luck.

Twitter is also quite popular. I have linked it to my Facebook account. Every wall post I made on my Facebook fan page also appear on my Twitter. Not sure how effective it is yet, since I don't really see any incoming traffic from Twitter in my traffic statistics.

Share on facebook