Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Youtube is a great platform for marketing. I use it myself for promoting my business opportunity and it is a service. Simply make videos explaining what service you are offering and how it can benefit a person. Video marketing is one of the most used marketing strategies. And after you make your videos you can share them with other social networks.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    YouTube is a very good way to advertise your business online. There are X things you need to do.

1. Create a video
    2. SEO (search engine optimization)
    3. Boost your rankings with link building, sharing on social media sites, etc.

Part 1:In my opinion, creating a video is the most important part. You need to create a video that provides huge value to the audience and one that converts. You need to ask yourself what you're trying to do, e.g get them to sign up to your email list, visit your website, purchase your services, etc. Whatever it is you need to provide them with lots of value and give them a reason to listen to you and take the next step. If you create some crappy 30 second video telling them to go and sign up to your list, the chances of them taking this action are quite low. Instead of doing this, teach them something valuable, give them something valuable and they will listen to you. You need to build a relationship with your audience so they will trust you and take action. By taking action I mean sign up to your list, purchase your products, etc.

2. When you have created your video, the second thing you need to do is optimize it for the best ranking results possible. This is known as SEO (search engine optimization). You want your video to get ranked on Google, and also high on YouTube's search results for your keyword. Here's how to search engine optimize your YouTube video.

Part 2: SEO 1. Title: Before uploading, rename the video file the actual name you'll be calling your video. Make sure you include your primary keyword!

2. Description: This is very important as Google can't listen to your videos, so they depend on the description to determine ranking.
    Primary keyword phrase in the first sentence, and mentioned 3-4 more times in the description.
    You can mention other secondary keyword phrases also if you want.
    Fill up the entire description with content.
    Put your link at the very start of the description.

3. Tags: Include your primary keyword phrase and your secondary keywords.

Part 3: Boost your rankings
    There are many factors that affect your ranking on YouTube, and Google.

1. How many times it has been shared
    2. Likes, comments, favorites
    3. How long the video is watched for
    4. Amount of views
    5. Backlinks
    6. Number of times embedded

What you need to do is drive as much traffic to the video as you can. Encourage people to like, share, comment, favorite, get as much as you can! When creating your video, make sure it's interesting and provides huge value to the viewer! Social sharing also plays a big part in ranking, make sure to share it on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Another thing you should do is embed the video on your site/blog if you have one.

Another thing you can do to boost your rankings is to build links to the video. There are lots of ways to build links, here's a few!

1. Blogging
    2. Guest posting
    3. Blog comments
    4. Social media sites
    5. Article marketing
    6. Press releases
    7. Social bookmarking
    8. Other video sharing sites
    9. Forums

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Posting videos on youtube has always been part of social media marketing ever since but then you have to be aware that not all videos rank on search engine though. Here are few of the things that people though of when adding videos on youtube which turn out not right.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I am surprised I haven't seen anyone say this yet but one of the main reasons you should use YouTube to help with your marketing is because YouTube is actually owned by Google. Because of this ranking your video in YouTube is extremely easy. I don't recommend doing this but I have been able to rank my videos by throwing a lot of low quality backlinks at it just to see if it would still rank, and it did!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Youtube is a good way for promoting your services. A lot of youtubers do it in exchange of a sum, and it usually isn't that big!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Many YouTube videos can easily find their way into the search engines if the competition is weak, so don't think of it as only marketing to youtube, because you can also be found on Google too.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    YouTube is an excellent way of showing your product now. You can use videos to dazzle prospective customers in a way that is not possible with just text and pictures. Plus the sharing aspect allows for more 'word of mouth' publicity.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Of course its true that any video can be found in google. but will it rank on a particular search terms?

Some people may look for "how to.." on google but when they are presented with google results with a youtube video that ranked on the 7th position. it will be more noticeable than going to the first link that rank on top.

Share on facebook

Last edited by garfish; 03-28-2014 at 03:34 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Youtube is actually a great way to generate traffic. It's not as easy as before though. Creating good video for someone who has no experience in video production or editing is a colossal challenge. Getting a good video ranked is hard enough. Simply spamming tons of different videos won't really do much as they won't get ranked. Look on some IM forums for advice on how to get your videos ranked and that should get you started.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    As long as you know how to get views, marketing through youtube is very effective!

Share on facebook