Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Online Advert Standard Rate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Online Advert Standard Rate
    Hi guys, I am creating a website which will accept advertisements. I categorize them as follows:

1. Prime Advert - the space on the front slider on the home page
    2. Main Advert - the big main banner ad usually on top of ALL pages
    3. Ordinary Advert - a small banner usually found on the side of the secondary pages
    4. Logo Advert - an Icon advert found on specialized pages
    5. Text Advert - usually a text link to the sponsor's page

I based these on the usual adverts that I see all the time. Is there anyone expert on this who is willing to share his thoughts? Also, I am interested to know the regular or standard advertising rates including discount schemes for recurring advertisements?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think you've added too many adverts. You should not have more than two on a page in my opinion.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I also think you have a lot of categories but it's a website and not a blog so I really can't say if it's too many. But then again, the focus of online readers/visitors is still the same regardless if its a blog site or a regular website.

Maybe you can use this guide (from Chitika) in determining the ad space for sale in your site and priced it accordingly:

Best slots - highest rate
    Good slots - medium rate
    Bad slots - low rate

With regards to actual pricing or rates, I think it will depend on the traffic stats of your website.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    hello thanks for the reply. The ads are spread to the whole site, i.e. few at the landing page, then some in the secondary pages. I also have taken some research on where ads should appear and why.. my concern is that of the standard rate. I found some rates, but there are big discrepancies and I wonder if pricing depends on the owner of the site or there is a standard that needs to be followed in order to be competitive?

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    There isn't a standard rate, but the fact that your adverts vary is a very good idea.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    I think you've added too many adverts. You should not have more than two on a page in my opinion.
    True. People tend to think they can put an ad everywhere. It's better to build an audience without ads and then slowly introduce one, maybe two.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    In my opinion 5 adverts on just one page seems overkill. I seem to remember reading that fewer adverts but with strategic placement give way better results since users love clean sites with non intrusive advertising. The idea is to try different placements and sizes until you find something that works well. For example, maybe one advert doesn't work in the header but makes wonders in the side slots.

And about the rates, they depend on the traffic your website receives. Low traffic, low rates. High traffic, high rates (since advertisers want that prime space). Sure, even with low traffic some places are worth more than others but for real income you need quality traffic and lots of it.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owesem75 View Post
    hello thanks for the reply. The ads are spread to the whole site, i.e. few at the landing page, then some in the secondary pages. I also have taken some research on where ads should appear and why.. my concern is that of the standard rate. I found some rates, but there are big discrepancies and I wonder if pricing depends on the owner of the site or there is a standard that needs to be followed in order to be competitive?
    Actually, like any product or service (and in this case your ad spaces), the price will depend on how much one is willing to pay to advertise on your site. And like any other sites that offer ad spaces for rent, the rate will depend on the performance/statistics of your site (i.e. unique views, number of visitors, etc.).

So for now, just like what @delusional suggested, it's better to build an audience first.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    My suggestion is that it is easy to first make audience and promote your product manually.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    I agree with you. Using too many adverts may affect your website.

Share on facebook

ppc management