Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What is your daily routine like?
    My work schedule varies, sometimes I work in the morning, sometimes at night, but my days are pretty full. Sometimes, when the kids are at school I sneak off to the library or Starbucks to work. However, right now I have a toddler, and she won't be in school until this fall, so it is tough. I am curious about other people who are in similar situations. I have housework, kids to take and pick up from school, errands, etc. and I wondered how people worked their at home businesses into their busy days.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    My daily routine is terribly boring. I go to work form 9am to 5pm. When i get home i go straight to my computer. Work on my favorite GPT sites for a few hours. Then i go to Mturk. It's hard to keep up with all of my internet jobs, especially when i work on a real job all day. It becomes very tedious after a while, but i need the money to supplement my income.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    My daily routine is pretty good compared to some people. I wake up in the morning, write in my notebook or review my notebook about future plans, have a healthy nutritional breakfast, go to work, and in between work I make a few bucks online through some money making sites, I eat healthy meals within the day as well, and I close the shop. Afterwards, I work more on money making sites, I eat a healthy dinner, and I go home for bed.

You could say that my daily routine is pretty normal, and you could tell that I'm living a healthier lifestyle even during my job. I'm loving my life, and becoming more stress free as compared to before.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I work as a freelance writer and coder. So I wake up in the morning check my email to see if any client wants to talk about the ongoing project or a new project. After that I embark on working on the projects and deliver them before their deadlines. In short I spend most of my time in front of a computer.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    During the evening I have classes and I also try to make money at home after classes. The next day, I feel exhausted thus I sleep late and wake up late. I used to study in the morning specially when Quizzes and Exams are near.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    My daily routine involves some online business work early in the morning, from about 4am until 7am. At 7am, that's when I start to do my chores and then I go to my fulltime day job until 6pm. I arrive home at 6:30, prepare dinner, and then soon after that, I go back and check updates on my online business. It really does take a lot of discipline in order to be able to stick to this kind of schedule. I also give myself some cheat days where I can just sleep until 7am or sleep early after dinner. You need a break from the hectic schedule from time to time so that you don't get burnt out.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I hit the ground running by handling the initial wave of issues (contacts, preliminary jobs, etc.) remotely from my home. Then its get ready time, followed by work in the actual office from about 8/9-5ish. Then normally the gym, and home, where I handle smaller issues remotely if need be. The company I work for has created a partnership with another firm, so some days I work in the evening hours on those projects too. Its rare I take Saturday off, but Sunday is the one day I put work aside and spend time with my family (my wife and 6 month old daughter) and get ready for another round.

Share on facebook

Last edited by SteakTartare; 03-07-2014 at 07:51 PM.
    "The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fredkawig View Post
    During the evening I have classes and I also try to make money at home after classes. The next day, I feel exhausted thus I sleep late and wake up late. I used to study in the morning specially when Quizzes and Exams are near.
    I can definitely relate to this. As i stated above. The extra money is great, but after a while it becomes extremely tedious, and tiresome. I am absolutely exhausted at the end of the day. Sometimes i just want to quit, but of course you have t pay to live. So i need my income.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I work in the morning, sometimes skipping lunch, and continue to work until dinner time. I have started to see that it is not a healthy lifestyle, because you grow weaker due to the lack of nutrients, and I can't really concentrate or perform well when I was am feeling weak or empty in the stomach. But the nature of my job need me to be in front of the monitor for the whole duration, so it's hard for me to adjust a better schedule or plan for a better time to actually get something to eat. It's really depressing, as I have study about health issues before and I know what a healthy lifestyle should be like. But life needs money, and to get money for life I have to sacrifice my health for it......It's like a crazy loop I am in.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    My work schedule varies, sometimes I work in the morning, sometimes at night, but my days are pretty full. Sometimes, when the kids are at school I sneak off to the library or Starbucks to work. However, right now I have a toddler, and she won't be in school until this fall, so it is tough. I am curious about other people who are in similar situations. I have housework, kids to take and pick up from school, errands, etc. and I wondered how people worked their at home businesses into their busy days.
    Hi cpefley

I'm also a work-at-home mom with no househelp and just like you my schedule varies. During school days I usually work after "delivering" my 2 kids to school. I dropped them off at 7am then take my morning walks for 30 minutes take a quick shower then proceed to work.

I work until 11am then cook lunch for my eldest son who's at the house during lunch time. Go back to work at 1pm or 2pm depends if I have to do other housework. At 4am I fetch my 2 kids at school, we'll be home by 6pm, cook and do some housework again. Then If I really have a lot of work, I go back online at 9pm and will keep on working until 12midnight or even longer if I have a deadline to beat. Whew, I never thought that I'll get tired by just sharing my schedule.

Anyway, I still work on Saturdays and as much as possible - no work on Sundays (to keep my sanity ).

Share on facebook