Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What is your daily routine like? - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I have just started a full time job this week! So my schedule will be very full. Although my children are grown, I do not have to worry about taking them to school, after school activities, sports, etc. On the flip side of this, though, is that my husband is disabled. He will be having surgery at the end of this month. So my home business projects will still be a goal for me as I would prefer to stay at home with my husband, if at all possible.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I tend to get up around sunrise and go for a decent walk to wake up. After breakfast I sit down and first start with the tasks that I couldn't finish the night before. I work until midday and then don't start again until about three in the afternoon. I just like to use those few hours during the day to go shopping or swimming, or sometimes I just need to catch up with some extra sleep. When I get back to work, I usually don't finish until late. Thankfully, my partner prepares dinner for me. I occasionally work until nine or ten at night. But I like that way, as this kind of routine allows me to go on holiday for a week every second month.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Luckily for me I don't have many responsibilities (children, school etc.) so I'm able to dedicate more time to building my business.

I make a list of all the important things that need doing and I dedicate the weekend to these tasks. And when I say 'I dedicate the weekend' I mean it! Up at 4/5 a.m. on Saturday and work until Sunday night, I don't even sleep Saturday night. It may seem a bit extreme but I find that it allows me to relax for the rest of the week and it's great seeing all the work done!

During the week I'll do smaller tasks which don't require much concentration and give myself a lighter workload.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I work in online retail so I have to keep my routine fairly regular to keep up with the schedule of not only my customers but the delivery and payment companies as well. I usually check orders early and spend the morning fulfilling all of them until noon when it's the cut off time for the shipping company to be able to ship the same day or overnight. After that, I use the remainder of the day updating my product listings and making minor adjustments to my ledger. At night, I do all my other responsibilities and hobbies in a more leisurely fashion as these are the responsibilities that I only do for fun for the most part.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by wander_n_wonder View Post
    My daily routine involves some online business work early in the morning, from about 4am until 7am. At 7am, that's when I start to do my chores and then I go to my fulltime day job until 6pm. I arrive home at 6:30, prepare dinner, and then soon after that, I go back and check updates on my online business. It really does take a lot of discipline in order to be able to stick to this kind of schedule. I also give myself some cheat days where I can just sleep until 7am or sleep early after dinner. You need a break from the hectic schedule from time to time so that you don't get burnt out.
    It's nice knowing that there are people in this world that are still hardworking. You wake up at 4am. That's awesome and you're starting your day very productively. I actually have almost the same routine, but yours starts an hour earlier than mine, and people call me the early riser! I set discipline to myself as well, so lucky for us, we prove that there's still motivation in this world.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I don't have a routine. I earn money when I want to.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Coffee comes first, always.
    I usually read up on topics and news related to my field and find out what competitors are up to. It's a good source of motivation before getting started. That's followed by hours of research and often work in Excel. I take time to share findings to my followers on Twitter. If I've got a writing project underway, I'll finish by doing some writing. Some days are more productive than others.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Like M.K above I start with a coffee too, and cigarettes unfortunately. During this time I schedule my day and build a task list in my agenda. At this point the real work starts. Since my business is creating content for my blogs I start taking care of each site one at a time. Writing, editing, answering to my users or modifying templates take most of my working day. When I'm done it's usually night so I take a few hours for myself then go to sleep. Not really interesting I know, but it's a living.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I wake up at 10:00 every morning have breakfast, watch a little tv and then work on
    my online business for 3-5 hours. And I eat dinner and watch a little more tv and get
    ready for bed. That's my day.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Right now I'm torn between choosing between sticking with blogging and writing a novel I have always thought about writing so right now I'm not that busy.

Anyway, last year when I had to take care of my 3-yr-old niece and at the same time make money I had to wake up early to work but spend most of the day with the kid and try to keep her out of trouble since she was rather rambunctious. At night I'd get back online and work till 11:00 PM or thereabouts.

Share on facebook