Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    Like M.K above I start with a coffee too, and cigarettes unfortunately. During this time I schedule my day and build a task list in my agenda. At this point the real work starts. Since my business is creating content for my blogs I start taking care of each site one at a time. Writing, editing, answering to my users or modifying templates take most of my working day. When I'm done it's usually night so I take a few hours for myself then go to sleep. Not really interesting I know, but it's a living.
    You say it isn't interesting, but for me it truly is. I'm a writer as well, but only a freelancer. It's nice to see the perspective of a full-time home-based writer. So you really make a living through your blogs?

I only earn a few bucks online, and not even from my blogs. I have other sources of income, but I never really thought of blogging as a way to earn your living. I respect you for being able to have that level of success!

Good luck!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    It seems that people are actually making money with a well stabilized schedule. I'll consider trying it too!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    My routine is so scattered but I found what works the best for me is to plan ahead on a whiteboard in my room so its the first thing I see when I wake up. As far as the schedule itself it varies drastically by the day but one thing that I hope helps is if you break down your income generating activities to say 15 - 30 min intervals then you can plan around what you can get done in that 30 mins and it makes stuff more flexible and have a backup plan. For example I will allocate 30 mins for a blog post. I know ahead of time if I only have 30 mins the post will be short of I bought some articles that I can re write in 20 mins to basically give a quick tip. I also might have a freelance writer do one or two posts for me that are a little longer so that way I can just break them up into half posts and post something on 30 mins and I also have a backup which would be a part 2 to the article. Another is take that 30 mins and do some paid marketing. Early when you can squeeze in time in the day you find a good ezine or marketer that you might want to place an ad with and when your running errands jot down something in your phone that would make a good add and when by the time you get back you have an ad and a list to buy form so in the second 15-30 break you have for work you send it. Thats not exact but I think you get the gist. That way you are always productive even in a hectic daily life. If you have any more questions drop me a line.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Its a lifesaver let me tell you but if you don't have big hunks of time you can really benefit from setting work blocks and what you want to accomplish in that block and you will be amazed at how much more productive you can be.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Every time I try to set a schedule, it never works out. I just don't try anymore. I work when it's convenient or when there's a lot available for me to do. It seems to be working out just fine.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    My working day varies. I have two children at school and two smaller ones at home with me. Like you I also have the housework to do. I try to write a bit when the youngest two have a nap. I do most of my work once the children are all in bed. This is partly because I can concentrate then and do not have the children's needs to see it. It is also because I live in the UK and freelance for a lot of American sites and clients so my nights fit in with other people's working days in the US and makes communication easier.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I have finally managed to make a routine for myself and I am definitely more effective now : I wake up at 9 am and I work until 1 pm, then all my day is free!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I get up early - really early! I take the quiet time to get centered on what I need to do that day and then go for my first walk of the day. I head into my office between 7:30 and 9:00 am. I work throughout the day, eat, and take another walk with my dog. Depending on what needs to absolutely done then my afternoon hours vary. Sometimes I will break off early and take a break for a few hours and do some work in the early evening hours.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    It's really a effort beautiful. More try.................

Download Software free

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    My daily routine looks a bit like this:

- Wake up, do the usual things.
    - Get my tea.
    - Check work and personal emails.
    - Talk to my wife.
    - Do client updates if there are any.
    - Do other work.
    - Do something I like.
    - Go to bed.