1. Collapse Details
    Importing from 3rd world countries online vs in person.
    I am considering importing some goods from south east asian countries, but would like to gather some opinions on the best way to do this, as well as some views from people who tried importing online and people who actually went to the factories.

I can either order online through alibaba and similar sites but risk committing a decent amount of money to products I haven't yet seen and that may not meet my quality standards, or travel to the actual countries and check the quality of local suppliers prior to deciding which ones to buy from but spending money on airplane tickets and hotels.

Anyone had any previous experience importing using these two methods? Which one would you recommend for a small home based business? Are there ways to check the quality of online suppliers prior to buying bulk? Are prices more competitive in loco or online?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Dear,
    If you would like to start a small business in your country,i could help you to purchase goods a cheaper price and high quality from china.I'm seller for international trade with experience over 10 years.You could pay the amounts to my paypal.Really hope can cooperate with you.Anything,pls send a mail to me.Linclonshao@hotmail.com

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I have actually dabbled in drop shipping before. Chinavasion is the dropshipping website I used. Great way to start up a business without the initial importing costs. Just be careful for orders over 1000 dollars because there will be an importation cost. This might vary depending on your country.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think it totally depends on the goods you'd like to import.

Can you give some more information about what you'd like to achieve?
    I myself don't have that much experience with Alibaba though.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Hi,

There is actually a third option, which could help you reduce your risks and at the same time, get control over the quality, i.e. hiring a sourcing & control company. This is something we do for a living and we have been able to add substantial value to clients in terms of cutting their costs (by finding the root factories as opposed to traders on Alibaba), managing quality and fraud risks (through supplier verifications, inspection of goods, pre-shipment inspections) and finally managing the logistics aspects. You could get a lot more info on our website about how we operate. We currently focus on China, Taiwan & Vietnam, which China being our main base. What sort of south-east asian countries are you looking at?

Share on facebook

IMEX Sourcing Services - Managing All Your China Sourcing & Quality Control Needs​
    China Sourcing Services ! China Pre Shipment Inspection & China Company Verification !​
    The Sourcing Blog - All About Sourcing from China

6. Collapse Details
    Most people that stay in those third world countries buy products from already developed nations since it is cheaper that way. Remember they will charge even more on exports to also get profit from you. It is better to just buy things in your home country what could you possible want from third world countries.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Hello
    I think buy the product from the developping country is a better way to let down the cost ,if you can not trust products' quality buy some samples to test would be better than travel to the actual country.
    And we are the top 5 tablet wholesale in China ,you can know more about our company from the website:www.topitshopping.com,for a small home based business we can provide the dropshipping service to save your Labor and shipping cost.
    For more details please contact me via email:alinadingjpl@gmail.com

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Hi,
    Perhaps we can have further discussion on your topic and let's see if we can help each other. Have a look at my profile and please send me private message when you feel comfortable to move forward.
    Best regards.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    This is an interesting idea for a side business considering the incredible diversity of products available on those sites. Some questions for those that use, say, Alibaba:

• Where do you resell? Your own site or an established ecommerce site?
    • What is the regulatory oversight like for imports of small amount of items?
    • On the niche you've focused on, what was the competition like?
    • What sort of profit margins were you seeing with smaller, consumer items?

Thanks much.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

10. Collapse Details
    I have been buying online from dhgate for 4 years now. When I started I asked for sample goods, some suppliers gave me. The only thing was that i paid for the shipping. You can always asked for sample goods, the real suppliers will send to you. This will help you take decision before paying for what you want to buy. Online is easy, only ensure the site is using escrow account and the supplier is not new and has sold many items in the past 6 months. Also they deliver to your doorstep. Going to china, think of visa, travel ticket, transportation within china, custom issues and accomodation. It is better to use online as long as it is a small business. visit www.myimportbiz.blogspot.com for more info.

Share on facebook