Thread: Minimum Wage

1. Collapse Details
    Minimum Wage
    What do you think of the concept of a minimum wage?

Is it smart policy to prevent the exploitation of less-skilled workers and provide a "living wage", or should market forces dictate a a fair-market value for different types of blue collar work to prevent undue financial strain on small business owners?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    The minimum wage is an excellent concept and I'm glad it's enshrined in (UK) law. However, businesses should be aware that a good wage (not just the bare minimum), like it or not, brings loyalty from it's employees.

As the old saying goes: "Pay peanuts, get monkeys..."

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    A lot of small companies pay their staff pittence.

We make a point of paying them above minimum wage, we also make sure they get good benefits.

Tomorrow I am taking a number of staff for lunch for the hard work over the last month.

I have never heard of the saying ''Pay peanuts, get monkeys'' but it did make me chuckle!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah, it always better to pay your employees at least twice bigger amount then minimum wage. I this case you can simply purchase their loyalty

Share on facebook

Mike Levin,
    Small online store owner.

I Use SMC

5. Collapse Details
    yyyyaaa
    Oh, Christ, I expected a real flame, and here... only supporters or ones, who don't explicitly say which one is it... I think MW is good, especially to protect groups that are likely to be paid less, like migrants, underpriviledged, long term unemployed etc.

Share on facebook

- Jake, is there any digital product agency that can help Todd? - Jane asked, trembling.
    - Of course, my love - Jake replied - Now let's talk about the countries I've visited. I love to count the countries I've been to... One, two, three....

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    The minimum wage is an excellent concept and I'm glad it's enshrined in (UK) law. However, businesses should be aware that a good wage (not just the bare minimum), like it or not, brings loyalty from it's employees.

As the old saying goes: "Pay peanuts, get monkeys..."

yes minimum wage concept is a great thing. it prevents the "BIG GUNS" from exploiting the lower class people's talents by paying little to nothing.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    26000 Springbrook Ave. #201 Santa Clarita, Ca 91380
    A lot of small companies pay their staff pittence.

Share on facebook