Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. Collapse Details
    Environment friendly packaging.
    For those of you that sell or produce packaged goods.

    What's your stance on biodegradable packaging? Do you like using it where possible?

    I know that business cost is a thing that matters a lot but personally I'd be inclined to spend a little more and package my goods in environment friendly packaging. It makes a good selling point with some people and it also makes you feel good! I'd even print some interesting eco advice on my boxes to encourage proper disposal or recycling.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    If you're willing to raise your costs in order to utilize environmental friendly packaging, then you should promote the packaging of your products because that will increase the value of your brand.

    People find environment friendly brands as more appealing than those that harm the environment. You should make your customers aware that the packaging is friendly to the environment, and that can increase the value of your brand in general.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    I agree, you should for sure promote the fact that your packaging is environmentally friendly and that your business is environment conscious. People will love it!


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the advice! So you guys think it would be better to advertise and make the environment friendly packaging a selling point. Might work out. The added cost may result in free advertising true, since these days people tend to be more conscious about the way they dispose of the unwanted packaging.

    Now I'm curious to look online and see if there are places that list businesses that promote such packaging.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    Thanks for the advice! So you guys think it would be better to advertise and make the environment friendly packaging a selling point. Might work out. The added cost may result in free advertising true, since these days people tend to be more conscious about the way they dispose of the unwanted packaging.

    Now I'm curious to look online and see if there are places that list businesses that promote such packaging.
    Good to hear there are people who would not sacrifice the environment for profit. We have few multi-million companies that practice such which is really saddening. Usually businesses who do this are honest small business people.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    I haven't tried it. I know they're better and they'd keep my consciousness clean, but they're not profitable in my country.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    For those of you that sell or produce packaged goods.

    What's your stance on biodegradable packaging? Do you like using it where possible?

    I know that business cost is a thing that matters a lot but personally I'd be inclined to spend a little more and package my goods in environment friendly packaging. It makes a good selling point with some people and it also makes you feel good! I'd even print some interesting eco advice on my boxes to encourage proper disposal or recycling.
    I agree 100% with the sentiment of this post. I know the proper way to run a business is to put profit line above all else, but I consider myself a principled man. There are some things that I find more important than how much money is in my bank account at the end of the day. This is one of those things. We must do what we can to help protect our environment.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    What's your stance on biodegradable packaging? Do you like using it where possible?
    Honestly, no, I don't. The last I really looked into it was in the early 2000s and it didn't work out in the bottom line. I could and probably should look into it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by angelicagapit View Post
    If you're willing to raise your costs in order to utilize environmental friendly packaging, then you should promote the packaging of your products because that will increase the value of your brand.
    Agreed with this big time. Being as environmentally-friendly as possible is important to many consumers, so its worth mentioning the fact.


    Share on facebook


    "The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    I'd like to, but it's just not practical for me to do so as of now. I use both boxes and plastic materials to ensure the safety of my goods, and having to shift to more environmentally friendly materials would just entail the need for customization, and seeing as I'm not that big of a business and don't generate that much waste anyway, I think this should do for now. Hopefully, soon, the standards would be set wherein the materials would be more available for everyone, but as for now, I am opting to follow the current standard as being environmentally friendly is probably not going to be a big draw for my audience anyway.


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    Plan the business strategy step by step, first promote your product, and at the same time utilize eco friendly packing. By doing so your brand will get easy advertisement. Going green is the In Thing now!


    Share on facebook


    Reply With Quote
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •