1. Collapse Details
    Monitoring the success of Advertising Campaigns
    There are many measurements that can be used when assessing the success of an advertising campaign.

One of the most direct ways is to measure the number of calls received to your organisation following a campaign. Traditionally this can be difficult to achieve when you may have multiple campaigns running simultaneously.

One way that we have found to be successful is to setup dedicated non-geographic telephone numbers which then point to your standard landline - these are good because they are free to setup, have no rental costs but each number will have a dedicated usage report. For example, one of our clients used 0870 XXX 1234 for an advert in their local newspaper, 0870 YYY 1234 in a national advert and 0870 ZZZ 1234 in another magazine & then based on the monthly usage reports had an exact figure of the direct success of each campaign based upon number of calls received.

Different prefixes can be used depending on how you would like to run the campaign. Examples include, 0800 = Freephone, 0845 = Equivalent of local rate, 0870 = Variable national rate, 0871 = Fixed national rate, 0906 = Premium rate. With the 0870, 0871 and Premium rate you would earn commissions on any calls received to that number.

Feel free to get in touch (steveej1@gmail.com) with any questions on how this may work for you.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    There is also...
    Hi,

just to add further notes ...

There is also getting the customer to quote a number that is printed on the ad so that they are entitled to receive the offer.
    eg. quote "xyz" when ordering ...

You can also get them to present a coupon from the ad when they come in to buy whatever is on offer.

Kind Regards.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Hi there,
    some interesting stuff, thanks.

As a complete n00b to marketing and advertising strategy, can anyone suggest what are cost effective ways to promote a new product?

Specifically, I work for a software company, and we have a new product to release, and I am researching effective ways to market software in a saturated market, but with low media penetration and industry awareness (there's a lot of competitors around, but if you asked someone on the street to name a product in this industry, they'd probably be stumped!).

We would like to know which forms of advertising work well to reach a target audience of middle/executive/directorial management in Small to Medium sized retail or distribution enterprises in the UK. I'm aware that there are many ways to reach this type of demographic (Car bumper stickers? Printed StyroFoam beverage cups?) but really interested in the traditional forms of marketing and advertising. We are already embarking on various email campaigns and online search engine advertising, but if there is any thought on these strategies, please discuss.

Ta,

Jason

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Wow this is nice topic to discuss thanks for sharing.

Share on facebook

My name is Rahul Sharma from Delhi. I am doing job as Digital marketing Executive at Axiva Filters. Have 6 year experience in Internet Marketing and Search Engine Optimization field. http://www.axivafilters.com/

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks for share this information with us.

Share on facebook