Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Self-serve laundry?
    Hello all. I am curious if anyone has set up or bought an existing self-service laundry for side income. It seems like a business that wouldn't command a ton of hours except for maintenance, handling the financial aspect, and of course regulatory oversight.

Has anyone done this? Would you again? Thanks much.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

2. Collapse Details
    I've never done it, but my grandfather owned a couple of laundromats in Virginia and did quite well with them. I think there is a good profit to be made, but you have to get high-quality equipment and make sure that it's well maintained.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the info, Lindakay. If you don't mind me asking, where those two locations his only business operations or did they just provide side income?

Also, agreed on the maintenance factor. No one wants to do their wash in a funky facility. I'm thinking finding an existing business for sale and replacing any machines with newer ones. If its not already in place, maybe adding some vending machines too.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Depending on the age of the equipment you will possibly find yourself doing a lot of maintenance. A friend of mine had a self serve laundry business and fortunately he was mechanically skilled so he could do all of the repairs. The machines do take a beating over time so that would be something to really consider before anything else.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    You can go to your local used appliance store, and get a washer-dryer set for $100. Nobody uses laundry services anymore.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac9100 View Post
    Nobody uses laundry services anymore.
    It really depends on the location. For example, this is a college town and a lot of younger folks still use self-service laundromat. In fact, there are several in operation day and night.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Hi,I came across this a little while ago.I havent been using it long and Im already seeing result.Not Big results,just small ones,but success takes time.If you want to know more,click the link below. https\\12a6e3jb23wuen5g1pf6ul0010.hop.clickbank.ne t

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Hi guys, my microwave broke down 3 months ago. After that, I started looking for a good service. So my choice is based on the opinion of a friend and microwave oven repair san jose. Since I prefer a reliable service provider because it is an electronic item and a valuable product. The guys came the next day and fixed my microwave the same day.

Share on facebook

Last edited by Triman; 03-23-2021 at 09:40 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    My cousin has her own laundry business and it's really profitable specially if you have a lot of lazy people to do their laundry for you.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fredkawig View Post
    My cousin has her own laundry business and it's really profitable specially if you have a lot of lazy people to do their laundry for you.
    So her business model isn't self-service, but rather she (or an employee) does the laundry? I'd imagine the profit margin is higher, but I don't have the time to invest in something like that. Well, not at this juncture anyway.

Share on facebook