1. Collapse Details
    How can I make the best deal with this purchasing agent?
    Hi everyone.
    Hope you all doing very well.

Two days ago I had a meeting with a buyer from a chain of hypermarket that has 119 branches between hypers, eporium, shops etc.. I am supplying brooms to him from outside the country with very competent price and very high quality. This was my first meeting with the first chains of hypermarkets in the country so I am continuing negotiating with him in the next days as well as I am having another 3 meetings with three chains of hypermarkets ( all have from 80 to 100 branches ).
    This buyer I met is clearly want to make a deal and is clearly sold on the price and quality ( My price is better than the biggest factory in the country 2 times ) but I am also trying to make him purchase 5 or more ( 40 feet containers ) a month. The country I am supplying to has 25 million population.
    I am worried that this guy would only purchase 1 or 2 containers a month but the market is really so huge ( The biggest factory in the country makes about 5 million dollars annually in sales ) and I really want to make the best out of the deal.

I am thinking ( I am an exclusive agent in the country ) what if I offer him an exclusive deal where I exclusively sell to him and he can sell retail or wholesale to the rest of the buyers on the condition that he purchases 10 containers ( 40 feet ) a month.

What is your thought on that? Do you think I sold myself short? Based on the info I gave above, what is your advice to me?

I am not willing to make any paid consultant service, but if I get an excellent advice and it works, I will certainly be having consultant service in the next businesses.

Thank you very much.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Actually,I think that do the business with the chain stores,From the first,They may only place less quantity as you said 1 or 2 (40HQ)/month,This is really good enough.The chain store may do some test,And also know much more well about your services etc.If you are confidence about the products,You just only need to wait their regular orders.No worried about that buddy,You will be sucessful not too long later.By the way,I also export my broom and mops to Euro counties.I'm the trading company in China.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Hello Friends

I really like your writing style, good information, appreciate it for posting.

I consider something really special in this website.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Retailers wholesaling
    You will have a problem with a retailer (hypermarket) also wholesaling (selling to their competitors). The problem is, they aren't going to do it. They may say they will, but that's not what they are set up for. That deal is going to end up a failure. My advice is sell individually and keep the margin for you or your company.

Share on facebook