Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    uploading visits to your shop onto your FB page
    Our family business has a tourist attraction that has been featured nationally. We would like to get our guests to take their own pictures at our attraction and upload it to our Facebook page, hopefully generating lots of interest.
    Does anyone have any input on the best way to make this happen? Do we ask our customers to take their own pictures with their mobile device, or do we have our own device and offer to take their pictures? Do we incentivize it with an immediate discount? If the latter, we want to encourage them to leave their email address with us for later marketing, so we are thinking we would tell them we will take their picture and send it to an email address that they give us.
    Has anyone here successfully done such thing at their own place?

Sincerely,
    Nicole

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I haven't done that kind of thing before but it definitely is something that would probably get you more customers if you're a great photographer.

Since you intend to use the photographs you take for promotional purposes, it would be ethical to tell your customers what you intend to do with their pictures. It's much better that way because then, you can choose the perfect spot, background, etc that will best suit your [marketing needs]. All you need to do is ASK them.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I agree. I think the best way to make this happen is to give them something in return for making actions online since they will inadvertently be advertising your services anyway so it all evens out. As for getting their emails, if you really want their addresses, then it might be the best way to go about it, but I doubt many people would want to resort to attaching their pictures on an email as they are already most likely so used to using social media instead. This is why I think using social media solely would be best in this situation.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Just make a page and indicate whatever you want for them to do. Inform your customers through that page.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Yep, if you tell everyone what you want them to do, they should be able to upload it when they leave comments on your page. What an awesome idea! You can also create an open Facebook group; that'll make it possible for everyone to create their own albums and stuff.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I haven't done that sort of thing before but it is a thing that could possibly allow you to get more customers if you're a great photographer.

Since you wish to use the photographs you're taking for promotional purposes, it could be ethical to see your visitors what you intend to apply their pictures. It's superior this way because then, you can pick an ideal spot, background, etc that will are perfect for your [marketing needs]. All that you should do is Inquire further.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I agree with Taru, give the customers an incentive if you want them have their faces displayed on your page for your business' publicity. This could be in the form of a discount on their next visit or a gift certificate of a service they can claim later. To participate they need to be Likers of the page, submit a photo, and the date they used your company's service so you can verify the log dates. I think many people will do this for a gift.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You can just ask your customers to post pictures of themselves. They could post the pictures themselves on your facebook page. However, I agree with what has been said that you need to give incentives. I think a great way to do this would be a photo contest where the best photos gets a reward. Good luck!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    What a fun idea. I would provide a camera because not everyone has a phone. At first you can not offer an incentive to see how much interest there is. You can offer to email them copies, and if they sign up for newsletters they can get a discount of some sort.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    You could write up a paper for everyone to read and if they agree to do the photos, they would sign the paper. Once the photos are done and posted to the page, you can privatize the incentives via e-mail to the families. The signing of the paper is for your records just in case they come back at you for posting their pictures online.

Share on facebook